Upgrade to Tableau Server 2018.2
Planning an upgrade to Tableau Server 2018.2? Start here!
- Starting from 2018.2, steps to upgrade Tableau Server have changed for Windows. See Upgrade from Tableau Server 2018.1 or earlier to Tableau Server with TSM and Upgrade process change in Tableau Help.
- The Server Upgrade Guide takes you through the entire process to make your upgrade as seamless as possible.
- Download the newest maintenance release and get started!
Extend the value of your data across your entire organization with Tableau Server. The Tableau Server platform is easy to deploy, scale, and monitor.
Tableau Services Manager (TSM)
As of Tableau Server 2018.2, Tableau Services Manager (TSM) is now available for Windows as well as Linux, and replaces tabadmin. This new web-based server configuration and management application contains a new user experience for server administrators – a command-line interface (CLI) and a web interface (both interact with the new TSM REST API).
For more information about TSM, see the following helpful resources:
Tableau Server on Linux Upgrade information
Are you upgrading Tableau Server on Linux to 2018.2?
Share workbooks and data extracts with other users in your organization using Tableau Server!
Read through the links below for advanced knowledge and details:
- Tableau Server Configuration utility
- tabadmin command line utility
- Tableau Server Monitor
Troubleshooting Extracts on Tableau Server
If your users experience or report any of the following behaviors while performing an extract task, they may be running into an incompatibility scenario. Please redirect them to the following Knowledge Base articles to resolve the error(s).