Tableau Global Services
Realize the full power of Tableau
Let a Tableau Expert upgrade your organization to the latest server version. Upgrades take careful planning and can draw time and attention away from your most critical IT resources. With Tableau Server Upgrade we do the heavy lifting so you can quickly and successfully upgrade your environment and your team can produce deeper, more relevant findings by taking advantage of Tableau’s newest features.
Unlock the power of Tableau's newest features
Eliminate the risk of a failed upgrade
Lean on our expertise
Execution and Testing
Ready to make the most of Tableau's capabilities?
We’re ready to help you realize your vision. Contact your Tableau Account Manager, or email us directly at email@example.com.
What needs to be in place to ensure a successful engagement?
The focus of this engagement is to lead you through a successful upgrade of your Tableau Server. There are a few dependencies that need to be addressed before a consultant can assist you:
What items are included in the scope of this engagement?
Software upgrades on existing infrastructure is in-scope for this package. The upgrade can be performed in-place or to a new (replacement) environment. Guidance on appropriate hardware configuration is included as well as minor network architecture changes.
The following items are not part of the standard Server Upgrade scope of work. If your organization has these or additional needs, the engagement may require custom scoping. Please reach out to your Account Executive to get started:
What will you cover under post-upgrade testing?
Basic Validation and Testing is in scope. Detailed QA on Individual Pieces of Content will be customer’s responsibility.
What if my environment is more complicated?
A Tableau expert will work with you to determine if a custom scope is needed based on your unique situation
What is the process for implementing Tableau’s Server Upgrade
An expert in Tableau server upgrades will be assigned to your project and will work through the following steps:
- Pre-upgrade planning: Document your current environment and design
- Migration planning: Assess and plan for upgrading all Tableau products, including Tableau Server, Desktop, Mobile, and Prep.
- Upgrade execution: Execute the upgrade according to the Upgrade Plan of Action
- Post-upgrade testing: Review current monitoring in place and provide best practice guidance
How long is the Server Upgrade Engagement?
The standard duration for upgrading 1-2 small/medium size environments is 1 week. Upgrading up to 3 large environments takes 2 weeks.
Why should I upgrade my Tableau Server environment?
- Get the newest analytics features and integrations to help your team deeper insights
- Secure your data and optimize the performance of your environment with bug & security fixes
- Access the ability to leverage Tableau’s powerful new ad-ons including Data Management and Server Management