DataFam Roundup: October 24-28, 2022
Welcome! Dig into this week's DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
Tim Ngwena, Tableau Tim: Dynamic Zone Visibility: New in Tableau 2022.3
Christians Silva and Marc Montanari, The Data Coffee Break: Episode #2 - Can data really be democratised? With Peter Jönsson
Bethany Lyons: dbt and Tableau integration
Bridget Cogley and Vidya Setlur: Functional Aesthetics for Data Visualization
Andy Kriebel, VizWiz: How to Create a 3 Level Drill Down in Tableau
Tore Levinsen: #TinyTableauTip
- Donna Coles: Can you use Tableau to estimate Aaron Judge’s home run trajectories?
- Kevin Flerlage, The Flerlage Twins: Using “Set Rankings” Instead of Table Calculations (Guest Post from Kasia Gasiewska-Holc)
- Steve Tadeo, Be Data Lit: 10 Signs You Might Be Data Literate
- Data Ideas: Speak Up! (Even if Your Voice Shakes)
- Iron Viz Qualifiers are open until October 30, 2022. Learn about the theme and get vizzing.
- Tableau Forums Ambassador Spotlight: Budi Lubis
- What’s New with Tableau User Groups
- What is the Tableau Community Project—Back to Viz Basics?
- Featured Authors: Back to School Edition
Upcoming events and community participation
2022 Tableau Fringe Festival Global Speaker Form: We're from the community, for the community and we're glad you're interested in giving back! Fill out this short form so that we can plan the best TFF Global Virtual event. TFF is planned for Friday, December 16, 2022. Speaker applications will be open from October 16 - November 1, 2022.
Tableau Tips for Tomorrow's Leaders Join this virtual event to hear from Tableau community Ambassadors as they share their favorite Tableau Tips, learn helpful hidden gems and secret hacks you probably haven't seen before, and support our vision and building for the next generation.
Women in Dataviz is moving from Discord to Slack. Join here.
What does it mean to be a Data Leader? Join this Data Leadership Collaborative (DLC) Roundtable to learn what it means to be a Data Leader from three community members.
Iron Viz Feedback Initiative 2023: Book a 15-minute feedback session with Tableau community members and prior Iron Viz contestants who will review your viz and share feedback on your Iron Viz entry.
Storytelling With Data - London Workshop: Join Cole and members of the team in London to learn about visualization and data storytelling best practices in an engaging, hands-on in-person session!
Bryson Seastrand: Stranger Things - Send Your Own Message
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
- Lilla Rasztik: Tutorials of visualizations
- Shazeera Ahmad Zawawi and Ervin Vinzon: Heroes and Martyrs - A #VizCollab with Ervin Vinzon
- Klaus Schulte: Animated Hamburger Menus
- Pradeep Kumar G: Spend Analytics Dashboard
- Bryson Seastrand: Stranger Things - Send Your Own Message
Back 2 Viz Basics
Games Night Viz
Public Policy Viz
Data Plus Music
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
Sports Viz Sunday
Volunteer to design data visualizations that help nonprofits harness the power of data for social change.
Web: Viz for Social Good
Sept 2-Sept 30 2022: India Water Portal/Arghyam