DataFam Roundup: March 14 - 18, 2022
Welcome! Dig into this week's DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Luke Stanke, phData: How to Make a Gauge Chart in Tableau
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Steve Adams: The 5 “out-of-the-box” easiest ways to drill down in Tableau
- Mark Bradbourne, Just 5 minutes: The Return of Real World Fake Data
- Luke Stanke, phData: How to Make a Gauge Chart in Tableau
- Robyn Foyster. Women Love Tech: How Data Can Impact A Business’ View of Gender Equality featuring Preena Johansen
- Rosario Gauna, RosarioViz: Title Case in Tableau | Workaround
- Adam Mico: What Does Being A Tableau Visionary Mean To Me
- Alan Murray: Latest Tableau Jobs - Weds 16th March 2022
- Pedro Gagliardi: FOSS Analytics Toolkit for Salesforce REST API
- Gurpreet Singh, Data Viz Canvas: Introduction to Date Functions in Tableau| Date Calculations| Tableau Functions | Tableau Tips
- Mateusz Karmalski, NewDataLabsS: Machine Learning i Tableau (Polish)
- Who are the finalists of the 2022 Iron Viz Qualifiers?
- Celebrating Women's History Month with the Tableau Community
- Explore the Iron Viz entries on Visualizing the Arts
- Announcing the 2022 Tableau Visionaries
Upcoming events and community participation
- Stay up to date with the latest and greatest from the Tableau Community. We'll help you along in your Tableau journey, bring your data skills to the next level, and nurture powerful connections.
- Sign up to be a panelist for the 3charts@3 Live: A Mystery Chart Show featuring topics like personal finance, energy, healthcare and more!
- Calling all DataDevs: Join Tableau at TrailblazerDX 2022, April 27–28 in San Francisco—or virtually from anywhere—to boost your skills and celebrate with other builders, creators, and makers.
- Your Future in Data Analytics, Maggy (Martina) Muellner: aims to support the next generation of DataFam members in gaining / improving their Tableau skills, support them in making their resume "hire friendly" and give advice on personal marketing on LinkedIn.
Kizley Benedict: Superstore - Tag Cloud
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
- Ha PL: All the women in my family
- Young C. Song: Microbial world in a plastic bottle
- Aidan Bramel: Sales vs. Target Dashboard Accelerator
- Kizley Benedict: Superstore - Tag Cloud
- Kevin Wee 黃克文: KPIs w/ Color-Changing Tiles + Sentence-Structured Controls
DataFam Con *NEW!
A monthly project connecting real education data with real people.
Back 2 Viz Basics
Data Plus Music
Games Night Viz
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
An initiative centered around diversity, equity & awareness by visualizing provided datasets each month.
Web: Diversity in Data
March 2022: Refugees in Ukraiune and Women in the Global Workforce
SDG Viz Project
Sports Viz Sunday
Volunteer to design data visualizations that help nonprofits harness the power of data for social change.
Web: Viz for Social Good
Mar 8, 2022 - Mar 29, 2022: Tap Elderly Women's Wisdom for Youth (TEWWY)