DataFam Roundup: September 6 - 10, 2021
Dig into the latest DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Alex Eskinasy: Create a Persistent Tableau Server Docker Container in 30 minutes
- Ryan Sleeper, Playfair Data TV: How to Make a Custom Polygon Map in Tableau
- Kevin Flerlage featuring Julie Laux, The Flerlage Twins: Guest Blog Post: Rapid Dashboarding - 5 Steps to Success
- Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic, Storytelling with Data: unsolicited feedback
- Dzifa Amexo featuring Anita Onyeacho, as dzif: On the DL(L): Learning Tableau, Dream Jobs, & Jollof | Episode #1
- Jeff Plattner: Start Saving Time with this Tableau Dashboard Templates Workbook
- The Information Lab featuring Adam Mico and Priya Padham, Talk Data: What we’ve learnt from 20+ Datafam Interviews
- Darragh Murray: Fun with sets: Highlighting/filtering data using a shared attribute of a selected value in Tableau
- Tanushree Rohera: Connecting Druid to Tableau
- Kristi Brown, Force for Fun: Show Dynamic Columns Based on Today’s Date in Tableau CRM
- Hannah Murphy, The Data School: An Introduction to Salesforce
Upcoming events and community participation
- Data Book Club, Fall 2021 Edition: This fall Data Book Club will be reading The Adaptation Advantage by Heather McGowan and Chris Shipley. "While not specifically about data, the book will get us to think outside the box and challenge our approach to data." Learn more and sign up.
- September 17th, 10 AM CT – 11.00 AM CT: Join the third session of the Cup of Data series to expand on your Tableau CRM skills. The product team will demo their latest and greatest in a 'Release Jam'. Register for the event.
- Black Cinema Viz Challenge: Black Cinema Data Sets 2000-2021, instructions and links are provided upon registration
- Are you a visualization and storytelling expert? Enter the Data Viz Competition to showcase your data-driven artistic skills while competing for top prizes!
- Data Visualization: State of the Industry 2021: The purpose of this survey is to help the Data Visualization Society and the broader data visualization community understand the state of data visualization, the people who make it, the challenges they face, what can help practitioners, and where the field is headed.
Nir Smilga: This is Pink Floyd -Remastered
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
Zak Geis: Lights Off (Dark Mode) - Design Tip
Priyanka Dobhal: If the world was ending
Saverio Rocchetti: Tarantino
- Nir Smilga: This is Pink Floyd -Remastered
Joti Gautam: PokeMon: PokeDex (1-20) of Gen One
Will Sutton: Where to Pass the Great British Driving Test
Priyanka Dobhal: Movies based on Cinderella
Join the community every Monday to work with a given data set and create better, more effective visualizations.
Web: Makeover Monday
Week 36: What do Americans think about abortion?
Sports Viz Sunday
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz