Tableau User Group Weekly: April 11 - 15, 2022
Welcome back to this week's snapshot of the latest Tableau User Group events happening around the world. Catch up on the freshest content or join an upcoming meetup, all while getting inspiration from the DataFam. Not only will you learn new tips and tricks, but you’ll see them in action too. You can nominate a user group to be featured as the next User Group Meeting of the Week here.
User Group Meeting of the Week: Athens
The Athens Tableau User Group is full of individuals who love to expand their knowledge and grow in their industries. Tore Levinson, Tableau Ambassador and fellow Norway User Group Leader, takes you through Tableau Blueprint and the methodology needed to become a data-driven organization. During this session, you will learn about what it means to have a data culture, how to drive change, and where to start. Dive in and watch the recording here.
Attend an upcoming user group meeting and learn from peers across geographies and industries to help advance your analytics skills.
Pacific Northwest Government User Group (virtual)
Monday, April 11, 2022 | 8:30 - 10am PDT
- The Art of Storytelling - Community Involvement and Understanding of DEI Data: Mo Young, Community Partnerships Program Supervisor & Micah Brown, Data and Analytics Supervisor | Lane County Department of Health
- Premium Support Experience: Robert Kabel, Data Scientist | State of Idaho
- Blueprint for Success - How to Design and Implement an Analytics Center of Excellence: Stephanie Henry & Mark Richards | Plante Moran Partner
- What’s new and impactful in Tableau around functionality and governance
Cleveland User Group (virtual)
Tuesday, April 12, 2022 | 4 - 5pm EDT
- Scatterplots - Designing Difficult Charts Like a Data Visualization Professional: Steve Fenn, Tableau Solutions Architect | Action Analytics
Tableau Coders User Group (virtual)
Wednesday, April 13, 2022 | 8 - 9am EDT
This bi-weekly series is built to teach you how to code with the #Tableau APIs. No coding experience? No worries!
Healthcare User Group (virtual)
Wednesday, April 13, 2022 | 10am - 12pm CDT
- Using Figma to Enhance Your Dashboard Designs: Ghafar Shah, Lead Analyst | Comcast
- Embedding BI Support Into Analytics Support: Mark Connolly, BI Lead & Whitney Westphal, BI Analyst & Megha Kilaru, Data and Analytics Manager | UChicago Medicine
- Analyzing and Visualizing Public Health Data: Nicole Lillian Mark, Analytics Developer | Olive AI
Colorado SLED User Group (virtual)
Wednesday, April 13, 2022 | 10 - 11:30am MDT
- Automating Tableau Prep Flow Refreshes Without Additional Server Components: Tavio Priocchi, Immunization Data Unit Manager | Colorado Dept. of Public Health & Environment
- Driving Clinical Revenue through (Data) Relationships: Stephen Newcomb, Division Administrator | University of Colorado Dept. of Medicine
Austin + DFW + San Antonio User Group (virtual)
Thursday, April 14, 2022 | 3 - 4:30pm CDT
- Business Data is Boring! Tableau Public Transformed My Career: Brad Wheeler, Sr. Director of Business Intelligence | OmniSYS
- Panel Discussion: Tableau Conference
The Data+Diversity series provides a platform for community conversations surrounding the challenges and solutions to diversity in data. This includes, but definitely is not limited to, conversations about diversity, equity, inclusion, and actions we can take to create positive change.
Data + Diversity: Tableau and the Nuerodivergent Community (virtual)
Friday, April 22, 2022 | 9am - 10:15am PDT
- Welcome and Introductions: Tiffany Hendrick, Inclusive Marketing Senior Specialist | Tableau
- Meet a member of the Tableau Community Equity Taskforce
- Tableau and the Neurodivergent Community: Adam Mico and Hunter Hansen
In case you missed it
Couldn't tune in live? Don't worry—review the recordings of the most recent user group meetings below.
- Server Admin Tableau User Group (Login Based License Management)
- Florida Tableau Tableau User Group (Vizzing tips)
- North Texas Tableau User Group (Dashboard Design Process & Defining Success with Tableau)
- Hawaii Tableau User Group (Dashboard Design Process & Makeover Monday Demo)
- Data + Women Romandie Meetup (Using curves in Tableau)
- Buffalo Tableau User Group (Dashboards that Motivate Without Shouting)
- Denver Tableau User Group (Table Calculations & Tableau 2021.4)