I love keeping up with our industry and particularly reading what people think about Tableau. But there are more blog posts, tweets and good old-fashioned articles than time to read them. So I've highlighted a few recent articles where Tableau has been in the news, including a feature in The Economist.In no particular order, here are some of my favorites:
- The Economist - Show Me New Ways of Visualizing Data: The Economist, one of my personal favorite magazines for its no-nonsense point of view and clear writing, did a special report on data visualization. Tableau is mentioned as doing "for visualizing data what word-processing did for text, allowing anyone to manipulate information creatively."
- Life Hacker - Tableau Public Brings Your Boring Data to Life: Another personal favorite of mine is LifeHacker, a great site for learning about new tools and generally better ways of doing things. They had a nice write up about Tableau Public.
- Fast Company - Infographic of the Day: Google's "Data for a Changing World": Fast Company covers Google's efforts at making public data easier to understand but notes they're far from the first. They noted Tableau Public and said it "intelligently suggests the right data visualization."
- Visual Business Intelligence from Stephen Few - Tableau Public: A Powerful New Tool for Democratizing Data: If you've been in or around the data visualization/business intelligence industry for any length of time, you already know Stephen Few and his blog Visual Business Intelligence. Stephen did a review of Tableau and commented, "I believe in providing people with simple tools for exploring and analyzing data. Tableau Public makes this possible in a way that is more analytically powerful than any free service that’s been offered to date."
- ReadWriteWeb - Twitter Analysis: Influencers Still Signing Up; Lots of Followers Doesn't Equal Lots of Lists: ReadWriteWeb is an incredibly useful site that keeps its readers informed on internet-oriented technologies. We worked with them and Damon Cortesi of TweetStats to produce an analysis of influential people using Twitter. Not surprisingly, the post itself was highly tweeted.
- Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) - Tableau Selected as 2010 CODiE Awards Finalist: The prestigious SIIA organization selected Tableau as a finalist in 2 award categories: “Best Software Development Solution” and “Best Business Software Solution."