DataFam Roundup: June 13 - 17, 2022
Welcome! Dig into this week's DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Brian Moore, Do Mo(o)re with Data: Techniques for Filtering on Multiple Selections with Dashboard Actions in Tableau
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Sarah Nell-Rodriquez, Be Data Lit: Data Literacy is for Everyone: My story of overcoming poverty and gaining data skills
- Vignesh Suresh: Bar Charts: The King of Data Visualization
- Brian Moore, Do Mo(o)re with Data: Techniques for Filtering on Multiple Selections with Dashboard Actions in Tableau
- Jared Flores, What The Viz: Ternary Plot with Reference Lines - Tableau Prep Template
- CJ Mayes: Charting Tennis Games
- Jonathan Drummey and Keith Helfrich, The Sensemaker's Video Podcast: Why did Tableau Invent Relationships?
- Zach Bowders, Data + Love: A conversation with Alex Selby-Boothroyd, Head of Data Journalism at The Economist
- Mick Yang: Meet the Community! Wendy Wang Shijia, data visualization designer, Tableau Public Ambassador and Tableau Visionary
- Actinvision: L’importance de lacommunauté (The importance of Community with Annabelle Rincon - in French)
- Data + Diversity: Celebrating the impact of the LGBTQ+ community: Join the DataFam on June 22nd (9am PDT) to explore the impact and data visualizations of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Join the LGBTQ+ (Data Pride) Tableau User Group: A virtual group focused on highlighting, elevating, and bringing together the LGBTQ+ community in data and its allies.
Upcoming events and community participation
My Tableau Story with Visionary Lindsay Betzendahl, June 21: The My Tableau Story series showcases the evolving and inspiring experiences of Tableau Community leaders. People like you who wanted to grow in their data journey. Join us for Episode 4 as we sit down with Community leader and Tableau Visionary, Lindsay Betzendahl.
- Data Leadership Collaborative Braindates, June 23 - 24: Exchange ideas with data leaders from around the world.
- Tableau Community Booster Meetup, June 24, 2022: This space is to celebrate and discover some amazing Tableau Community lead projects. We will start with quick outlines of each project, then you will have a chance to meet the organizers and data artists that lead these exceptional groups during this virtual networking event via Remo.
- Tableau DataFest 2022: It’s time to sharpen your Tableau skills, propel your career forward, and have some fun at a Tableau DataFest in a city near you. Drawing together key sessions from Tableau Conference ‘22 in Vegas with new bespoke demos and deep dives from local customers and partners, Tableau DataFest is your destination for data.
- Stay up to date with the latest and greatest from the Tableau Community. We'll help you along in your Tableau journey, bring your data skills to the next level, and nurture powerful connections.
- Sign up to be a panelist for the 3charts@3 Live: A Mystery Chart Show featuring topics like personal finance, energy, healthcare and more!
- Data Book Club, Summer 2022 Selection: Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men
Cesar Picco: 1000 New Tableau Job Posts
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
- Judit Bekker: Severance: Please enjoy each fact equally
- Cesar Picco: 1000 New Tableau Job Posts
- Sam Epley: Stanley Cup Playoff Results & NHL Season Team Statistics
Back 2 Viz Basics
A monthly project connecting real education data with real people.
June 2022: Chicago Public Schools – Progress Report Cards (2011-2012)
Data Plus Music
Games Night Viz
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
Sports Viz Sunday