DataFam Roundup: August 15-19, 2022
Welcome! Dig into this week's DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
Rody Zakovich, Starschema Blog: Introducing TabCSS
OneNumber - Tableau Experts
Oliver Linley: Join Calculations in Tableau
Brittany Rosenau: 5 Tiny Tableau Tips
Agata Ketterick, Lovelytics: Optimizing Tableau Business Dashboards for Mobile
John McKenzie, Weird Tableau 3: Identify gerrymandered redistricting maps
Maggy Muellner and Ethan Lang, #WeeklyTableauTip: Create rounded bar charts
Ana Milana: Tableau Concepts Crossword
Dawn Harrington, TechTips Girl: What is Clustering in Tableau?
Upcoming events and community participation
Data + Diversity: Making Data Visualizations More Accessible: Tableau Visionary HOF and accessibility advocate, Chris DeMartini will share ways to make your data visualizations more accessible from the start of your project and why it’s important to continue to push for accessibly within the data community. Plus, we'll be spending some time getting to know Community Equity Taskforce Member, Nai Louza.
Data Analytics Careers Summit: Discovering Your Path Forward: Join for a unique opportunity to learn how to break into & move up in the data analytics field.
What is the #PublicPolicyViz Project? The #PublicPolicyViz project is a Tableau Community Project dedicated to bridging the gap between analytics professionals and policy practitioners. We seek to facilitate collaboration between the two groups through engaging projects. Launching August 2022.
- Stay up to date with the latest and greatest from the Tableau Community. We'll help you along in your Tableau journey, bring your data skills to the next level, and nurture powerful connections.
- Sign up to be a panelist for the 3charts@3 Live: A Mystery Chart Show featuring topics like personal finance, energy, healthcare and more!
- Data Book Club, Summer 2022 Selection: Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men
Abasifreke Nkanang: Star Trek Series, Seasons and Episodes #B2VB Week 16
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
- Irene Diomi: Women in Parliament - revizit
- Prasann Prem: 75 years of prosperity - Celebrating India's Independence Day
- Laura Vrinceanu: Meteor Showers
- Eliane Herter: #B2VB#Week17#AidWorkerSecurity#Annotations
- Adekola Aliu: Nigeria's Past Leaders #Nigeria #Politics #President #History
- Bartosz: Choropleth Problem
- Shaheen Arshiya: Food Insecurity in the World - #DiversityinData
- Abasifreke Nkanang: Star Trek Series, Seasons and Episodes #B2VB Week 16
Back 2 Viz Basics
A bi-weekly project helping those who are newer in the community and just starting out with Tableau. Not limited just to newbies!
Web: Back 2 Viz Basics
Week 17: Use Annotations Effectively
Build your skills with a weekly challenge to re-create an interactive data visualization.
Web: Workout Wednesday
Week 33: Can you compare the latest month to the prior X months average?
Games Night Viz
Data Plus Music
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
Sports Viz Sunday
Volunteer to design data visualizations that help nonprofits harness the power of data for social change.
Web: Viz for Social Good
Sept 2-Sept 30 2022: India Water Portal/Arghyam