Best of the Tableau Web: May-June 2013
A highlight of tips, tricks, and inspiration for Tableau and data visualization.
I have a bumper Best Of... this month. Here's your list of almost two month's worth of amazing Tableau blog content. As always you can follow me on twitter (@acotgreave) if you want to hear about these posts the moment they are published.
This one gets its own section because it's just so wonderful. It might not make your Tableau dashboards better, but it should lighten up your day!
- Geek Tyrant - LEGO Super Star Destroyer Destroyed by Giant Kraken - STAR WARS - News - GeekTyrant
- Alan Smithee - Tableau and Multiple Trend Models
- Data Remixed - Connected Scatterplots and Strikeouts
- Dueling Data - Gauge Hate
- Freakalytics - Tableau Tips: Nested sorting not as expected- a simple fix
- Data Remixed - How to Embed a Google Map in Tableau
- Paint by Numbers - Tableau Worm Charts - a European Conference Special
- Interworks - Querying Vertica System Tables in Tableau
- VizCandy - Tableau Finishing Touches: Images
- Data Revelations - Using Tableau to Visualize Survey Data — Part 3: Dealing with Multiple Memberships for Respondents
- Wannabe data rock star - Wannabe Data Rock Star: Colour me right
- Drawing with Numbers - Why is COUNTD(Customer Name) red?
Tableau use cases
- Alan Smithee - Chess Data in Tableau
- Alan Smithee - Purchasing History Using Table Calcs
- Health Intelligence - Causes of Death in the World. 1990, 2005, 2010
- Interworks - Civic Data and Tableau: Exploring Volunteer Metrics
- VizCandy - Educating Girls
- Jewel Loree - Phish - their data
- Dueling Data - NBA 4-Time MVPs
- Paint by Numbers - The Hopometer - Visualising beer strength and bitterness
- Russian Sphinx - Azerbaijan: it's a man's world
- VizWiz - Was Theo Walcott’s performance for Arsenal driven by motivation for a new contract? - Data Visualization Done Right
- Alan Smithee - Your Clunky UI is Annoying...
- Excel Liberation - Playing around with Tableau Public
- Tableau Friction - Failure to Identify -or- Who is that mystery measure?
- Tableau Friction - What would Joe Mako do?
- Data Informed - Tableau Software’s Robert Kosara on Using Data to Tell a Story
- VizCandy - Top 3 Tableau Fears
That's all for this month. Thanks to Joe Mako for the feedback on how better to lay out these posts. Hopefully you find them easier to read. Let me know how else we can improve this on twitter (@acotgreave)