Update: We are excited to announce that Tableau 9.0 is now available. To help you get the most out of Tableau 9.0, we've developed a number of resources to get you started.
- See all the features in Tableau 9.0.
- Want to get fluent in Level of Detail (LOD) Expressions? Check out the top 15 LOD Expressions and read our LOD whitepaper.
- Are you a Server administrator wondering about the upgrade process? Check out our Server upgrade resource page.
- Explore updated support and training resources.
- Need inspiration? Check out our updated visual gallery, which is full of visualizations showcasing new functionality in Tableau 9.0.
- Follow @tableau on social media.
Original Post: Many of you received emails Friday night letting you know that the Tableau 9.0 beta is out.
Several of the features in Tableau 9.0 were shown at the 2014 Tableau Conference. You can see the keynote presentation from TC14 here to get an idea of what’s coming out. There’s much more on the beta than we had time to show at the conference.
There have been some good initial reactions:
When will 9.0 be out?
When it’s done! We have a timeline for getting 9.0 out to production, but we like to get a lot of solid usage in beta and address critical bugs before going live. We aren’t putting out a date for the 9.0 release, but going to beta is a good step. Your input will be critical to tell us if the software is ready. We want your feedback as early as possible to catch any issues in the software and ensure that the new features are great.
Take note: changes to technical specs
As part of the 9.0 release, we’re discontinuing support for a few technologies:
- Internet Explorer 7
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003/Windows Server 2003 R2
These technologies are no longer supported by Microsoft and it was time to say goodbye to them. If you’re on any of these products ,well, you’ll either want to stick with Tableau 8.2 or upgrade those technologies first before testing 9.0.
Get more beta
If you want to get into the beta, contact your friendly Tableau sales rep to get you added. We’d love to hear from you and give you a sneak preview of the upcoming release. Note that only existing Tableau customers are able to participate in the beta program. Customers with an active maintenance license will be able to upgrade for free when 9.0 comes out.
And watch the blog for lots more about 9.0 to come. The team’s been busy working on some great examples that showcase the new features in 9.0 the new level of detail expressions and the performance gains in 9.0.