DataFam Roundup: March 22-26, 2021
Welcome back and happy Friday! Dig into the latest DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog post that brings together what’s trending in the community all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
DataFam blog content
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Minard's Famous "Napoleon's March" Chart – What It Shows, What It Doesn't Robert Kosara
- An Interview with Alexander Varlamov (A Tableau Zen Master and Public Ambassador) Adam Mico
- An analysis and comparison of three powerful data analytics platforms: Tableau, TCRM and Datorama Alex Waleczek
- Creating dynamic drop menus in Tableau VizConnect
- New job, who dis? (and a lesson for your next career move) Joshua Smith
- Why are reports always seen as an afterthought? Matt Francis
- Filippo Mastroianni è il primo Tableau Zen Master italiano! Scopriamo chi è e come si costruisce una professione intorno ai dati Stefano Cassola (Italian)
Data + Diversity: Bias in AI with Carol Reiley
Join an upcoming Tableau User Group event:
- March 31, 2021: Data + Women Special Climate Science
- March 31, 2021: NYC Tableau User Group: DataDev Edition
- April 26 2021: Analytics Tableau User Group
Check out all the virtual Tableau User Group events here.
March 30, 2021 Data + Diversity: Bias in AI with Carol Reiley: Join us as we go behind the scenes with entrepreneur, Artificial Intelligence roboticist and investor Carol Reiley to explore why the systems and designs fail in some applications and steps we can take collectively while working on these systems. We will discuss the current state of technology and share anecdotes as we embark on a new frontier for technology.
May 20, 2021 Tableau’s first DataDev Day: We’re excited to announce a new, one-day event dedicated to DataDevs and anyone interested in or using the Tableau developer platform to create integrations and customize Tableau for their organizations.
2021年 - 台灣鮭魚之亂 Bill Chen
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
- 2021年 - 台灣鮭魚之亂 Bill Chen (陳克勤), some context: Last week, a Japanese company in Taiwan put out a promotion for people to eat for free or with a discount if they had the name “Salmon” in Chinese or a name that sounds close to it. This viz shows the number of people that changed their name to qualify for the discount. Each salmon head indicates a different city in Taiwan and the number of people from that area that changed their name.
- How MIXED is the MARTIAL ARTS in the UFC? Adedamola Ladipo
- Hospital Emergency Rooms Dashboard Joti Gautam
- Postgres Directory Ravi Mistry
Stay in the loop on the Tableau Community Projects:
Join the community every Monday to work with a given data set and create better, more effective visualizations.
Web: Makeover Monday
Week 12: The Cereal Industry Had A Very Weird Year
Sports Viz Sunday
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
SDG Viz Project
Volunteer to design data visualizations that help nonprofits harness the power of data for social change.
Web: Viz for Social Good
Feb 20, 2021-Mar 14, 2021: Vera Aqua Vera Vita