DataFam Speaks: Top 10 Principles of Business Analytics
We’ve asked leading data experts across the global Tableau Community to share their Top 10 Principles of Business Analytics and the why behind it. Each of these proven principles serves as the foundation for successfully using data to make informed business decisions.
Whether you’re new to data or consider yourself a data expert, use these 10 principles as your guide when working with data to ensure that your business becomes more data-driven.
Dive into each Principle with the DataFam
- Principle #1: Analyze and iterate to answer business questions - Annabelle Rincon, Tableau Center of Excellence, Vontobel
- Principle #2: Business needs come first - Satoshi Ganeko, Flight Data Analyst, Japan Airlines
- Principle #3: Practice. Experiment. Grow. - Eleni Gkika, Business Analyst, Roche Diagnostics
- Principle #4: Prove it - Charlotte Nickels, Business Intelligence Manager, Lloyds Banking Group
- Principle #5: Be prepared to change - Alex Waleczek, Analytics Practice Lead, Davanti Consulting
- Principle #6: Create a single source of truth - Erin Hamm, Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, Telecommunications Industry
- Principle #7: Data skills are a competitive advantage - Simon Beaumont, Global BI Center of Excellence Director, JLL
- Principle #8: Measure your successes—and failures - Kimly Scott, Analytics Manager, Luxasia
- Principle #9: Data isn’t the end goal—but it will get you there - David Pires, Head of Data Visualization, Expedia Group
- Principle #10: Seeing is understanding - Jim de Clercq, Tableau Lead, VolkerWessels