DataFam Roundup: April 18 - 22, 2022
Welcome! Dig into this week's DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Noriko Ooi: Tableau Viz Exhibition “Life” 〜日常にデータを』感想 Impressions of "Tableau Viz Exhibition" Life "-Data for everyday life" (Japanese)
- Vani Agarwal: How to add dimensions after measures without converting measures into discrete values
- Sarah Bartlett, Sarah Loves Data: Iron Quest Re-Viz-It – Recap
- Alex Eskinasy: Tableau Custom Views gone wild on embedded solution
- Zach Bowders, Data + Love: Select Top 5 - Tableau Conference Tips
- Adam Mico: #DataFam Tableau Wishlist
- Megan Menth, phData: How to Fine-Tune Your Data for Tableau
- Mateusz Karmalski, NewDataLabS: 60 wykresów w Tableau cz.4: relacje Scatterplot as a visualization of variable dependencies (Polish)
- Who are the finalists of the 2022 Iron Viz Qualifiers?
- Job Listings on the Tableau Forums
- Building data skills and community with Tableau’s Academic Programs Lunch and Learn sessions
- Why repeat Iron Viz participants keep coming back for more
- Not Your Typical Data Visualization Collaboration
Upcoming events and community participation
- Data + Diversity: Tableau and the Neurodivergent Community: Tableau Community members Adam Mico and Hunter Hansen discuss their autistic experience in the context of Tableau and the broader data community.
- Stay up to date with the latest and greatest from the Tableau Community. We'll help you along in your Tableau journey, bring your data skills to the next level, and nurture powerful connections.
- Sign up to be a panelist for the 3charts@3 Live: A Mystery Chart Show featuring topics like personal finance, energy, healthcare and more!
- Calling all DataDevs: Join Tableau at TrailblazerDX 2022, April 27–28 in San Francisco—or virtually from anywhere—to boost your skills and celebrate with other builders, creators, and makers.
- Your Future in Data Analytics, Maggy (Martina) Muellner: aims to support the next generation of DataFam members in gaining/improving their Tableau skills, support them in making their resume "hire friendly" and give advice on personal marketing on LinkedIn.
- Data Book Club, Spring 2022 Selection: Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen by Dan Heath
- My Tableau Story with Visionary Jim Dehner: Join us to get inspired by Jim's Tableau story and hear his advice on charting your personal path through the Community. He'll highlight how User Groups are a powerful resource for building your support network and data skills.
- The 2022 Vizzies Award Nominations: The Tableau World Podcast established the Vizzies as a way to recognise individuals in the Tableau community who are not recognised through the visionary program. It is our goal that these awards are diverse and inclusive of the Tableau community. Nominations are open through May 6th. Winners will announced live on stage at TC22!
Chimdi Nwosu: #RWFD - Business Expense Dashboard
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
- Lan Ha: #DiversityinData | Female Workforce Participation - World Bank's Reports
- Chimdi Nwosu: #RWFD - Business Expense Dashboard
- Luke Abraham: Municipal Waste | #B2VB Build a Heat Map
A monthly project connecting real education data with real people.
- Level 1 dataset: Austin High School Graduation Rates
- Level 2 dataset: Austin Schools Rated as Improvement Required
Back 2 Viz Basics
Data Plus Music
Games Night Viz
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
An initiative centered around diversity, equity & awareness by visualizing provided datasets each month.
Web: Diversity in Data
March 2022: Refugees in Ukraiune and Women in the Global Workforce
SDG Viz Project
Sports Viz Sunday