DataFam Roundup: April 11 - 15, 2022
Welcome! Dig into this week's DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Vivek Tiwari: How to start learning Tableau
- Paul Liu: Which is Better? PULL or PUSH Data from Tableau CRM into Salesforce?
- Annabelle Rincon, Rativiz: How to build a Lineage Dashboard using only the Tableau Server Repository
- Nicole Klassen: Lessons Learned from the Feedback Loop
- Donabel Santos, sqlbelle: Introduction to Tableau Actions + Filter Actions demos + BONUS Topics
- Abiramm Thavajothy, The Data School: A visionary and a guide: the need for dashboard creators and presenters
- Sean Miller: #WOW2022 | 15 | Fun with Filters
- Nicole Mark, Mighty Canary: Want to Deploy a Successful Dashboard? Ask These 3 Questions First
- Jim Dehner: Sets and the Set or Parameter Actions that Change Them
- Who are the finalists of the 2022 Iron Viz Qualifiers?
- How the Tableau Community volunteered their data skills to help the Government of Thailand
- Data mentorship and giving back to the Tableau Community
- How to design more efficient workbooks on Tableau Public!
- The secret ingredient to learning Tableau featuring Joon Kim
- Christina Gorga: Learn Tableau with the help of the Community: A starter list of data vloggers
- Job Listings on the Tableau Forums
Upcoming events and community participation
- Data + Diversity: Tableau and the Neurodivergent Community: Tableau Community members Adam Mico and Hunter Hansen discuss their autistic experience in the context of Tableau and the broader data community.
- Stay up to date with the latest and greatest from the Tableau Community. We'll help you along in your Tableau journey, bring your data skills to the next level, and nurture powerful connections.
- Sign up to be a panelist for the 3charts@3 Live: A Mystery Chart Show featuring topics like personal finance, energy, healthcare and more!
- Calling all DataDevs: Join Tableau at TrailblazerDX 2022, April 27–28 in San Francisco—or virtually from anywhere—to boost your skills and celebrate with other builders, creators, and makers.
- Your Future in Data Analytics, Maggy (Martina) Muellner: aims to support the next generation of DataFam members in gaining/improving their Tableau skills, support them in making their resume "hire friendly" and give advice on personal marketing on LinkedIn.
- Data Book Club, Spring 2022 Selection: Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen by Dan Heath
Agata Ketterick: Supreme Court Justices
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
A monthly project connecting real education data with real people.
- Level 1 dataset: Austin High School Graduation Rates
- Level 2 dataset: Austin Schools Rated as Improvement Required
Back 2 Viz Basics
Data Plus Music
Games Night Viz
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
An initiative centered around diversity, equity & awareness by visualizing provided datasets each month.
Web: Diversity in Data
March 2022: Refugees in Ukraiune and Women in the Global Workforce
SDG Viz Project
Sports Viz Sunday