The spirit of Tableau is our customers. By listening to and engaging with the Tableau Community, we build better software, and ultimately, a better company.
From within our community, a select few have risen above all the rest in their mastery of the platform, their willingness to share knowledge, and their desire to help us invent the Tableau solutions of tomorrow. They are, at the same time, our biggest advocates as well as our harshest critics. We call them Tableau Zen Masters, and we are lucky to have them.
We are excited to announce that it’s time to select a new cohort of Zen Masters! This means we need your help! Nominations will be open from Friday, December 20, 2019, through Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Who inspired you this past year? Tell us who you think should be in the 2020 cohort.
During the nomination period, we invite you to share your stories of the people who inspire and instruct you—those with exceptional dedication to exploring Tableau and improving it, and the “humble-smart” data mavens who make the Tableau community so remarkable.
Zen Master selections are based on nominations from the Tableau community. We want to hear from you!
When submitting a nomination, consider the following questions:
- How has this person served as a teacher in the last year? Does the person dedicate their time to helping others be better Tableau users? Are they a Tableau evangelist who shares our mission? Does the person add to the Tableau community by offering help to people of all levels?
- How does your nominee demonstrate mastery on the Tableau platform? Has the person shown a deep understanding of how Tableau works? They might create beautiful dashboards on Tableau Public, maintain Tableau Server, build mind-blowing extensions, or more.
- How does your nominee collaborate? Does the person work with others to bring Tableau and its mission to new communities and geographies? Do they contribute useful, popular ideas on our Ideas Forum or provide feedback to our engineers in our beta community?
Please be brief and focused in your nomination, and be prepared to share links to information that will help us see and understand your nominee’s work. Blogs are helpful, as are social media posts, Tableau Public profiles and vizzes, event links, and other sources.
If this sounds like someone you know, nominate them to be a Tableau Zen Master.
Ready, set, nominate!
- Please complete one submission for each person you want to nominate.
- Nominations close at 10:00 pm PST on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
- All nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of Tableau employees, with input from the Hall of Fame Zen Masters.
- We do not select Zen Masters based on the number of nominations received. While we do read and track all nominations, we also use internal metrics, employee nominations, and the needs of our global community to determine the new cohort.
- Further details can be found on the Tableau Zen Master page.
Thanks, #datafam, for being a part of the Tableau Community! We look forward to hearing from you.