Community is at the heart of everything we do at Tableau Conference. From meetups and user groups to MakeoverMonday, Data + Women, and connecting with Tableau Ambassadors and Tableau Zen Masters, this is your opportunity to get inspired and learn how to get involved.
There is so much to do at Tableau Conference, and engaging with this amazing community should be at the top of your list. Below are a few ways to ensure you’ll get the most of your conference community experience.
1. Community Center in Data Village
The Community Center in Data Village will be the hub for all things community. Stop by for the opportunity to get connected with Tableau Zen Masters and Tableau Ambassadors, sign up for your local user group or the online forums, learn what the Tableau Foundation has been up to, and most importantly, show off your ping pong skills.
2. Data + Women
We love being able to support the Data + Women community all year long, but this is your chance to connect with some of these data rock stars from all around the globe in person. Join us on Monday, October 9 from 4 – 5pm for the Data + Women breakout session, or stop by one of the designated tables during lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday.
3. Connect with Tableau Zen Masters & Tableau Ambassadors
The Tableau Ambassadors & Tableau Zen Masters showcase some of the very best the Tableau community has to offer – from sharing insights with others to building first-class vizzes, these community builders embody all things Tableau. Every one of them brings something special to the table and we encourage you to introduce yourself!
Stop by the Tableau Community meetup in the Community Center on Tuesday from 3 – 4 p.m for a casual opportunity to get connected.
Not only will Tableau Zen Masters be available at Tableau Doctor, but there are also 12 sessions being delivered by Tableau Zen Masters at TC17. From beginner tricks for better dashboards to the most advanced ways to hack tableau server, you’ll learn from some of the best presenters at the conference.
4. #MakeoverMonday Live from Las Vegas
#MakeoverMonday is the biggest community data viz project in the world and it’s your chance to develop your data skills. Bring your laptop along and join in the session, which will be led by long-time Zen Master Andy Kreibel and his partner in crime, Eva Murray. This is your opportunity to connect with some of the smartest people we know. And we promise you’ll be welcomed with open arms!
5. Tableau User Groups
Tableau User Groups are customer led events that meet both virtually and in-person all year round, and we love having the opportunity to bring such a large part of our community together at Tableau Conference.
For the first time ever, we will be bringing the user group community together for a Tableau User Group meeting hosted by Tableau Ambassadors, showcasing tips and tricks from rock stars in the Tableau community.
There will also be six industry-specific user groups to learn about, so be sure to check out the full schedule here.
Need more reasons to connect with this extraordinary community? Here are some of their tips for getting the most out of TC17:
- "To help figure out which sessions you want to attend during Conference, look at who is presenting the session. Go to the sessions that are delivered by people you admire in the Tableau community, or people you've always wanted to meet. You'll find the sessions interesting because you are engaged with the speaker, and you'll have an opportunity to introduce yourself at the end of the session too." – Emma Whyte, The Information Lab
- “Since attending TC I feel more connected to my community. The energy I felt at the conference has helped me continue to give back and get to know others. I've become the leader of my local user group, had 2 vizzes named as "Greatest Hits" on Tableau Public, become an Ambassador, and shared my experiences through the Data+Women VTUG. I've also pushed myself to extend certifications and have added Server Qualified associate to my Desktop Professional & QA certs. And I've also started a blog to document some of my thoughts and share perspective on the community activities #MakeoverMonday and #WorkoutWednesday.” – Ann Jackson, Slalom
- “The first conference I went to really opened my eyes to a bigger picture of how being able to see and understand data can really make a positive difference in the world and it helped form a vision for something greater. I also realized how much I didn't know and met people who became role models and mentors to me. I also saw for the first time the importance of the Tableau community.” – Joshua Milligan, Teknion
- “Tableau Conferences are one of a kind. You don't get the experience like it at other conferences. Also, no matter where you are during the conference, you'll always find someone to spark an interesting conversation with about using data and technology. It is an on-going party with food, drinks and data rockstars! I can't wait for #data17.”– Pooja Gandhi, Comcast
And if you’re still contemplating getting your Tableau Conference tickets, here are 10 reasons to join us this year. We can’t wait to meet you!
But if you aren’t able to join us at TC17 don’t worry, a variety of sessions will be available via Tableau Conference Live and there will be lots of opportunities to connect with us on social.