This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to become a Tableau power user. It’s made for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
This course is included in the Tableau Spring Training Pass.
You'll learn how to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using joins and relationships.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
Full course description (PDF)
- A course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained
- A digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities
- Trial access to Tableau eLearning to discover self-paced, guided learning paths and earn digital badges (public classroom attendees only)
- This course provides a Certification of Completion
- Continuing Education Credit (CPE) Hours: 13 or 11.25 depending on the course you select (the 2 days/8 hrs per day option or the 5 days/2.5 hours per day option, respectively)
This course is part of the Designer, Analyst and Data Scientist Learning Paths. Find out more.
View our Cancellation Policy (PDF) for details.