This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to become a Tableau power user. It’s made for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
You'll learn how to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
Full course description (PDF)
- A course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained
- A digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities
- Trial access to Tableau eLearning to discover self-paced, guided learning paths and earn digital badges (public classroom attendees only)
- This course provides a Certification of Completion
- Continuing Education Credit (CPE) Hours: 13 or 11.25 depending on the course you select (the 2 days/8 hrs per day option or the 5 days/2.5 hours per day option, respectively)
This course is part of the Designer, Analyst and Data Scientist Learning Paths. Find out more.
View our Cancellation Policy (PDF) for details.