Who should take this course:
This course is designed for proficient Tableau users who want to acquire more advanced skills. You should have either completed Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals or have at least 3 months of product experience. Before taking this course, you should know how to connect to data, create visualisations using fields on shelves and the Marks card, filter data, sort data and build a dashboard.
Note: This course accommodates authoring in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Cloud and Tableau Server.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Combine data from multiple tables using joins, unions and relationships.
- Use extracts to improve performance.
- Build advanced chart types, including bar-in-bar and bullet graphs.
- Use advanced calculations and table calculations to modify data as needed for analysis.
- Use statistical techniques to analyse data.
- Use parameters and input controls to support audience analysis.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design and visual best practices.
View the full course description in Trailhead Academy.
- A course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained
- A digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities
- Trial access to Tableau eLearning to discover self-paced, guided learning paths and earn digital badges (public classroom attendees only)
- This course provides a certification of completion
- Continuing education credit (CPE) hours: 13 or 11.25 depending on the course you select (the 2 days/8 hrs per day option or the 5 days/2.5 hours per day option, respectively)
This course is part of the Designer, Analyst and Data Scientist learning paths. Find out more.