Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals
2 days in-person or 5 days virtual
Build a solid foundation in Tableau. This course is for anyone who works with data, regardless of technical or analytical backgrounds. You’ll learn how to navigate the product and examine core concepts and techniques in Tableau. Move from creating visualizations to combining them in interactive dashboards.
This course is designed for the beginner Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
You'll learn how to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface/paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Build dashboards to share visualizations.
Chart types covered:
- Cross Tabs
- Pie and bar charts
- Geographic maps
- Dual axis and combo charts with different mark types
- Heat maps
- Highlight tables
- Tree maps
- Scatter plots
The price of this course is per person and includes a course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
View our Cancellation Policy (PDF) for details.