This is an official training course for Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification. This course is for the beginning Tableau user. You'll learn important Tableau Desktop concepts, techniques for simple and complex visualizations and interactive dashboards in preparation for your exam. Skills are taught in two days of in-class instruction plus additional self-paced eLearning.
You'll learn how to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface/paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
- Build dashboards to share visualizations.
Chart types covered:
- Cross Tabs
- Pie and bar charts
- Geographic maps
- Dual axis and combo charts with different mark types
- Highlight tables
- Scatter plots
Full course description (PDF)
- A course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained
- A digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities
- 90 days access to Tableau eLearning to discover self-paced, guided learning paths and earn digital badges (public classroom attendees only)
- This course provides a Certification of Completion
- Continuing Education Credit (CPE) Hours: 13 or 11.25 depending on the course you select (the 2 days/8 hrs per day option or the 5 days/2.5 hours per day option, respectively)
This course is part of the Author, Designer, Analyst and Data Scientist Learning Paths. Find out more.
All Tableau classes are Guaranteed to Run. We never cancel or reschedule on you, so that you can enroll with confidence.