DataFam Roundup: April 25 - 29, 2022
Welcome! Dig into this week's DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Matt Snively, Playfair Data: 3 Ways to Normalize Data in Tableau
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Priya Yogendra Rana: Boosting Tableau Dashboard’s Performance
- Michelle Gaudette: Get Started with Tableau Desktop in Two Hours or Less
- Kevin Flerlage, The Flerlage Twins: Tiny Tableau Tips - Round 1
- Matt Snively, Playfair Data: 3 Ways to Normalize Data in Tableau
- Brittany Rosenau: Idea of the Day — spotlighting community driven product ideas
- Mark Bradbourne, Just 5 Minutes: Tableau Conference Sessions! So Much Goodness!
- Nisa Mara, Rooted in Data: Vizlock Holmes Initiative
- Sarah Bartlett: Tableau Conference Attendee Guide 2022 #data22
- Ansula Jain, Techi Anshi: Free Tableau license | Tableau Public Profile creation
- Anthony B. Smoak: Build Better Sparklines in Tableau
Annabelle Rincon’s Tableau Public visualization titled “Wind drag inside of the peloton” featured in Better together—why the Tableau Community is like a group of cyclists
- Annabelle Rincon, Patrick McCormick: Better together—why the Tableau Community is like a group of cyclists
- Marc Reid: A guide to mapping and geographical analysis in Tableau
- Who are the finalists of the 2022 Iron Viz Qualifiers?
- Job Listings on the Tableau Forums
- Building data skills and community with Tableau’s Academic Programs Lunch and Learn sessions
- Why repeat Iron Viz participants keep coming back for more
- Not Your Typical Data Visualization Collaboration
Upcoming events and community participation
- My Tableau Story with Visionary Adam Mico: "Your breakthrough is coming regardless of a label." Learn how Adam has transformed his professional and personal life since joining the Community in 2019.
- Stay up to date with the latest and greatest from the Tableau Community. We'll help you along in your Tableau journey, bring your data skills to the next level, and nurture powerful connections.
- Sign up to be a panelist for the 3charts@3 Live: A Mystery Chart Show featuring topics like personal finance, energy, healthcare and more!
- Your Future in Data Analytics, Maggy (Martina) Muellner: aims to support the next generation of DataFam members in gaining/improving their Tableau skills, support them in making their resume "hire friendly" and give advice on personal marketing on LinkedIn.
- Data Book Club, Spring 2022 Selection: Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen by Dan Heath
- The 2022 Vizzies Award Nominations: The Tableau World Podcast established the Vizzies as a way to recognize individuals in the Tableau community who are not recognized through the visionary program. It is our goal that these awards are diverse and inclusive of the Tableau community. Nominations are open through May 6th. Winners will announced live on stage at TC22!
Kasia Gasiewska-Holc: Refugees Like Us
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
Back 2 Viz Basics
A monthly project connecting real education data with real people.
- Level 1 dataset: Austin High School Graduation Rates
- Level 2 dataset: Austin Schools Rated as Improvement Required
Data Plus Music
Games Night Viz
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
An initiative centered around diversity, equity & awareness by visualizing provided datasets each month.
Web: Diversity in Data
March 2022: Refugees in Ukraiune and Women in the Global Workforce
SDG Viz Project
Sports Viz Sunday