Analytics anyone can use.
Analytics for organizations.
Cloud analytics for organizations
Map enthusiasts, rejoice! Tableau 9.2 comes with Mapbox integration.
Mapbox is an awesome map service provider. With a Mapbox account, you can use a number of preset background maps or build your own custom map, complete with your cartographic design and even your own data.
Here's an example. With a few quick clicks, we added a preset outdoor background map to our avalanche analysis. Now it’s easy to see the most dangerous mountain ranges:
Getting started with MapBox is easy. Follow these steps to get started:
1. Go over to Mapbox.com and sign up for an account.
2. From your Mapbox account, copy your account token.
3. Start Tableau and connect to your geographic data.
4. From the Maps menu, choose Background Maps > Map Services.
5. On the Map Service dialog, click Add > Mapbox Map.
6. Input a name for your style, and add your account token. Pick a preset map.
7. If you've already built your own custom map, you can supply your map ID.
If you haven’t built your own custom map with Mapbox before, it’s simple. Using Mapbox Studio, you can create a new project using one of Mapbox’s preset maps and style it using CartoCSS. You can also use your own data to build custom layers in your map. Simply upload your spatial file (like a zipped Shapefile) to your account or through Mapbox Studio.
Here's an example from Anya A’Hearn and Allan Walker. who used MapBox to show some team spirit. "You now know where the folks that shop at SuperStore live, and that they are Giants Fans!" say the authors in a how-to post.
Tableau 9.2 is currently in beta. If you want to try the beta, contact your Tableau sales rep. The beta program is available for existing Tableau customers. Customers with an active maintenance license can upgrade for free when Tableau 9.2 is released.
We'll continue investing in geographic data and capabilities that help bring your data to life. Do let us know if you have any feedback. And visit the Ideas Forum and tells us about the features you'd like to see in Tableau.