Welcome to the Tableau community! With your purchase, you’ve joined a worldwide group of people who have discovered a better way to analyze data. They’re helping themselves and their organizations succeed in unprecedented ways.
4 steps to success with Tableau
STEP 1: Download and Install Tableau
If you haven’t already, please download Tableau from your Customer Center and add in your license key. The Customer Center is where you go to manage you licenses, download software and keep track of your maintenance status. To login, use the email address and password sent as part of your delivery instructions. Installing Tableau on your Windows PC or laptop should be just a matter of a few clicks. If you have any difficulties or questions, please see our Knowledge Base article.
STEP 2: Get Data and Create Your First Analytical Results
Once you’ve installed and started Tableau, you’ll see the Tableau start page. Click on “Connect to data” in the application. Follow the simple prompts to access your preferred data source. Once Tableau reads your data, control+click on 1 or 2 dimensions and 1 or 2 measures. Click on “Show Me” in the top menu bar. Tableau will create your first visualization.
Now start dragging and dropping other dimensions or measures the Tableau shelves. Don’t have a specific data source in mind? Use one of our sample workbooks found on the bottom part of the Tableau start page. Or check out our Product Tour for a quick introduction.
STEP 3: Learn More about Using Tableau
You’ll find a tremendous number of resources to help you get the most out of Tableau:
- Register on our site so you can have direct access to all our resources.
- Search our Knowledge Base for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Participate in our Forums to connect with people from the Tableau and to get help.
- Watch our free training videos at your convenience or learn from our free instructor-led online training every week.
- Download and use sample workbooks from our Visual Gallery.
- Read our Product Manuals.
- Learn how people in your industry use Tableau.
- Keep up with customer and industry news in our blog.
STEP 4: Share your success and advance your skills.
We’ve got lots of other ways for you to connect with other Tableau users and team members.
- Consider attending a Tableau event – we have user groups and seminars in major cities across North America, Europe and Australia.
- Attend classroom training in a city near you.
- Check out our Professional Services - bringing in a Tableau expert can really jumpstart your success.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Like us on Facebook.
Our goal is to help you be successful with Tableau. It’s part of our mission. If there’s anything we can do to help you get more from your Tableau licenses, let us know.
For more information about resources and opportunities to extend Tableau in your organization, please contact your Account Manager or email us at email@example.com.