Tableau Server is a modern, self-service analytics platform with many built-in features to promote security, governance, data exploration, and collaboration. Data Server, which is part of Tableau Server, is arguably the most powerful of these tools.
Governance for IT and agility for business users
For IT, Data Server satisfies security, governance, and monitoring requirements and hides the complexity of your data architecture from business users. It allows you to centrally manage live connections or extracted data sets as well as database drivers. At the same time, Data Server enables business users to have trust and confidence that they are using the right data so they can explore it the way they want and discover new insights that drive business value.
From soft guidelines to firm boundaries for the usage of Tableau, organizations need to design their own governance processes, complete with defined roles and responsibilities that everyone understands. When IT becomes the business enabler, informed users will have confidence in the data and will reap the benefits of governed data access.
Trust and confidence in data to drive business value
Learn more about the powerful functions of Tableau Data Server that help empower you to:
- Centrally manage data access for your users while enabling ad-hoc exploration.
- Manage the proliferation of duplicate data sources in your environment, promoting certified data sources that encourage use of trusted data.
- Refresh extracts once and automatically update all connected workbooks.
- Provide centralized metadata management with the ability to create, curate, and share standard calculations.
- Eliminate the need to deploy database drivers on each user’s local machine.
- Simplify how your users access data stored in your databases with integrated permissions.
- Document processes in an easily referenceable format that is transparent and encourages a consistent user experience.
Keep reading to learn more about how you can transform enterprise BI by enabling governed, self-service analytics at scale with Tableau Data Server.