Who should take this course?:
This course is designed for people who want to clean, shape, and combine data in Tableau Prep Builder and then output prepared data for use in Tableau Desktop or on a Tableau site. You should have at least three to six months of experience using Tableau and experience creating calculations in Tableau.
When you complete this course, you will be able to::
Full course description
- Connect to single data or multiple sources in Tableau Prep Builder.
- Combine multiple data sources using joins and unions.
- Apply cleaning operations, including quick-cleaning options, built-in algorithms, and calculated fields, to fix data inconsistencies.
- Reshape data using pivots and aggregations.
- Validate your data preparation work.
- Configure data samples.
- Design complex flows, applying the range of data preparation techniques available.
- Create and configure outputs of prepared data.
- 3-6 months of regular Tableau Desktop experience.
- A course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained
- A digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks, Tableau Prep flows, and data sources to support the hands-on activities
- Trial access to Tableau eLearning to discover self-paced, guided learning paths and earn digital badges (public classroom attendees only)
- This course provides a Certification of Completion
- Continuing Education Credit (CPE) Hours: 13 or 11.25 depending on the course you select (the 2 days/8 hrs per day option or the 5 days/2.5 hours per day option, respectively)
View our Cancellation Policy (PDF) for details.
This course is part of the Data Steward and Data Scientist Learning Paths. Find out more.