This course is designed to provide you with the tools and knowledge of how to prepare and shape data in
Tableau Prep. It’s best suited for people who have 3-6 months experience in Tableau Desktop and are somewhat
familiar with writing calculations. Throughout the course, our instructors will take you from conceptual data
preparation material to creating useful Tableau Prep flows that can be output to Tableau Desktop for analysis.
Full course description
- What data Tableau Desktop works well with, and how to shape data appropriately to get maximum flexibility from Tableau Desktop.
- How Tableau Prep folds into the Analytic Cycle.
- The terminology used in Tableau Prep.
- Data sampling in Prep.
- How to create and understand flows that address common scenarios that users encounter in data preparation.
- Data exploration and validation techniques.
- 3-6 months of regular Tableau Desktop experience.
The price of this course is per person and includes a course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau Desktop workbooks, Tableau Prep flows, and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
View our Cancellation Policy
(PDF) for details.