This workshop is designed for Tableau users looking to increase the speed and quality of their Tableau
You'll learn how to:
Construct better data stories:
- Identify and document a dashboard’s goals and objectives, audience, and key requirements.
- “Sight-read” datasets using Tableau.
- Explore visualization types and understand their best application.
- Draft wireframe drawings that support strong data stories.
Build Tableau dashboards faster:
Full course description
- Learn development techniques that help you efficiently build dashboards in Tableau.
- Use wireframe drawings as blueprints to expedite dashboard building.
- Learn design best practices that help you reinforce your data story aesthetically and improve user experience.
- Leverage Tableau’s functionality to quickly implement the 5 Elements into your dashboard design.
- Establish brand identity and add character to your dashboards to make analytics more memorable.
None required. 3-6 months Tableau Desktop experience is suggested.
This workshop includes a copy of Art + Data: A Collection of Tableau Dashboards. It also comes with a printed
workbook containing activities and information reviewed in the workshop. This workbook is designed to lead
workshop participants through the course and to be a resource after the workshop has come and gone.
Workshop participants will also receive the packaged workbook (.twbx) files for all 20 dashboards featured in the
Art + Data book. This means that participants can open the files to reverse-engineer our calculations, replicate
our designs, and re-use our color palettes. Use our work to improve your own!
View our Cancellation Policy
(PDF) for details.