Dan is the Director of Product Marketing for Technology Partnerships at Tableau.
- EnterpriseDan Kogan December 21, 2016When we see great stories of customers leveraging powerful tools and best practices to drive adoption of analytics at scale, it’s something we like to highlight to our community and help share those learnings. GoDaddy is doing just that with Tableau and our data cataloguing partner, Alation.
- DataDan Kogan December 19, 2016It’s hard to believe a decade has passed since the creation of the Hadoop subproject. Since that time, we’ve seen big data rise and grow to include hundreds of additional data and analytics projects that then poured even more fuel on the proverbial big-data fire.
- PartnersDan Kogan July 12, 2016For those customers running their applications and managing their data in Microsoft Azure, we’d recommend taking a look at Azure SQL Data Warehouse as it’s a massively-parallel processing, high-performance version built for analytics use cases. You can connect Azure SQL Data Warehouse to Tableau through our existing SQL Server connector.
- PartnersDan Kogan April 4, 2016In December 2015, we announced support for Tableau Server on Microsoft Azure’s virtual machines. Since that time, we’ve seen a number of customers choose to deploy Tableau across their enterprise through Microsoft Azure.
- PartnersDan Kogan March 10, 2016Today, Microsoft announced the launch of its latest version of its SQL Server product, SQL Server 2016. Microsoft asked us to run some early performance tests on Tableau and the results were pretty impressive, so we thought we’d share a little more detail with you here.
- DataDan Kogan March 8, 2016We wanted to share this cool GIF that one of our customers, Josh Byrd of GoPro, recently created. The GIF illustrates how Josh makes sense of the unstructured data that GoPro deals with and lands in Hadoop for analytics.
- DataDan Kogan December 22, 2015Big data is an interesting and quickly-evolving space. Customers appear to be mixing and matching multiple solutions based on their analytics needs instead of settling for a one-size-fits-all. I want to point out two of the trends that at first appear to be at odds. But in reality, they both point to this new, modern analytics stack that companies are adopting.
- ProductDan Kogan December 4, 2015Today, we are excited to take another step in the cloud by extending our integration with Microsoft’s cloud platform with support for Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines. This is an important part of the broad integration that Tableau offers with Microsoft technologies.
- ProductDan Kogan October 28, 2015We are excited to announce a new integration with NetSuite, a provider of cloud-based financials/ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites. We’ve added a new feature that exports NetSuite data as a .twbx file for easy analysis in Tableau.