Stardoll has made the paper doll a global phenomenon. More than 206 million users worldwide —mainly teenage girls—engage with the browser game to dress up dolls using a range of tools, participate in interactive activities, and take part in educational games aimed to improve quick thinking. When Liisa Wrang created Stardoll in 2004, she wanted to offer young girls a place where, “they could get away from the shooting and killing games that boys played”. Eight years and 206 million users later, her vision led to one of the largest online community for girls who love fashion, making friends, shopping, and being creative. However, with growth comes data. Lots of it. In response, Stardoll has standardized on Tableau interactive visualization to drive fast, effective analytical business intelligence. The best-in-class solution has enabled the Swedish company to lower the time needed to create reports from days to minutes, adapt its services, target new audiences and geographies, and increase revenues.
View the video or the case study to see the business benefits brought about by Tableau:
- Lowered analytical reporting time from days to minutes
- Enabled Stardoll to adapt its services, target new audiences and geographies, and increase revenues
- Created interactive visualizations and drill-down reports quickly and easily
- Tableau is more interactive and easier to use than either CrystalReports from SAP or QlikView
- Delivered self-service business intelligence and empower the business users to make agile, real-time collaborative decisions
- Visualize trends and situations instantly with mapping feature