Download a starter dashboard
Starter dashboards are an easy way to get a jump on your analysis
*Snowflake Starters cannot be accessed from the Tableau Online Dashboard Starter interface. They come automatically as a part of the . Read for more information.
How to use your downloaded Dashboard Starters
- Download the Dashboard Starter of your choosing.
- Double-click on the workbook to open it in Tableau Desktop. Don’t have Tableau Desktop? Start a free trial today.
Get your data into the dashboards
- Double-click on the workbook to open it in Tableau Desktop
- You will need to connect to the appropriate data source to view your own data. Select the “Data source” tab. A dialogue box will appear prompting you for your application credentials (e.g. Salesforce login and password).
- Enter your credentials and log in to your account. If you are using the Salesforce Starter, first ensure your account has API access to your Salesforce instance.
- Now go back to the dashboard. Tableau Desktop will then create an extract of your data. You may want to start with one or two weeks of data so that extract can be created quickly.
- If any worksheets appear blank, navigate to the worksheet. Replace reference fields by right-clicking on the fields with red exclamation marks as necessary.
Now you’re ready to explore your data and gain insights at the speed of thought.