Preparing for the Tableau and Tableau Public account integration: Best practices
We recently announced improvements to the user login experience with the integration of Tableau and Tableau Public accounts. What does this mean for you? In approximately 30 days, you will be able to easily access all of our Tableau and Tableau Public products and services with a single login. To help you navigate these changes, we’ve outlined a few best practices and considerations in managing your account.
How will this integration affect my Tableau Public account?
If you are only registered for a Tableau Public account, in approximately 30 days, you will have access to the Tableau Community, forums, e-learning resources and more. Once account integration has taken place, you will receive an email prompting you to verify your account. To verify your account:
- Look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the verification URL
- Set and confirm your new password
Not received the verification email within 30 days? Follow the steps below instead:
- Reset your password here
- Input your Tableau Public account email address
- Look for the password reset email in your inbox
- Select the reset password URL
- Enter your new password
Reset your password on Tableau.com
What if I already have a Tableau and Tableau Public account?
If you are registered for a Tableau Public account and a Tableau account using the same email address, your accounts will be merged into a single user account. This will simplify the login experience for the majority of users. Once you’ve received a confirmation email letting you know your account has been merged, you can access Tableau and Tableau Public using your existing Tableau login information. To log in:
- Select Sign in
- Enter your Tableau account details
What if I don’t want my Tableau and Tableau Public accounts merged?
If you do not wish to have your accounts merged and want to maintain two separate accounts, you should follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Tableau Public account using your current email address and password
- Select Settings
- Under account management, select Change email
- Enter new email address
- Confirm password
- Select a country or region
- Select save
Change your preferred email address for Tableau Public
What other resources can I connect with after this account integration?
You’ll have access to additional Tableau content and resources like the following:
- Manage MyTableau – Quickly manage your Tableau account preferences, see latest product updates and access helpful resources
- Learn Tableau your way – Get started quickly, hone your skills and advance your product knowledge
- Get Help – Access support resources in a way that works for you
- Access Events – Register for global events and experiences with a single click
- Receive Community updates – Sign up with a single click to get resources, events and ways to connect with the helpful, inspirational Tableau Community
- Achieve more with the Data Culture playbook – This playbook lays out a simple, but effective roadmap for building a Data Culture
- Access Tableau Exchange – Do more with powerful add-ons created by our talented developer community
- Join developer community – Innovate, create and make Tableau work perfectly for your organisation
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com