Who should take this course:
This course provides in-depth coverage of Tableau Server distributed architecture and High Availability configuration. The knowledge and skills acquired are best geared toward those architecting and administering enterprise deployments of Tableau Server as well as those who will be involved in customer installations of Tableau Server.
Note: This class is taught using a Windows server environment.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe authentication methods.
- Upgrade Tableau Server using a robust “Blue/Green” approach rather than an in-place upgrade.
- Back up, restore, and uninstall Tableau Server.
- Understand the role of fault tolerance and high availability in server architecture design.
- Create a distributed three-node server environment.
- Test user loads on both single-node and multi-node environments using TabJolt.
- Configure a server environment to use an external load balancer.
- Perform a hot-topology change.
View the full course description in Trailhead Academy.
- A course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and extensive hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained
- Trial access to Tableau eLearning to discover self-paced, guided learning paths and earn digital badges (public classroom attendees only)
- This course provides a Certification of Completion
- Continuing Education Credit (CPE) Hours: 13 or 15.75 depending on the course you select (the 2 days/8 hrs per day option or the 5 days/2.5 hours per day with labs option, respectively)
This course is part of the Server Architect Learning Path. Find out more.