Show off your Tableau skills by submitting your favorite visualization (viz) assignment!
Have a Tableau viz you created for a class assignment? Between September 18, 2017, and May 29, 2018, there will be two opportunities to showcase your work of art for a chance to win a Tableau swag bag.
Three winners from each round will be selected by a panel of expert judges based on the following criteria:
- 25 points: Creativity
- 25 points: Analytical Depth
- 25 points: Beauty/Design
- 25 points: Overall
- You must be currently enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited academic institution at the time of submission to participate.
- You must publish your viz to your Tableau Public profile (learn how to do this here). Be sure the data that you're using can be shared publicly.
- Only one entry per round is allowed. You can make edits to your submission up until the deadline. Just re-save your viz to Tableau Public and use the same name (to save over previous viz). There is no need to re-submit. If you submit multiple entries, only the most recent entry will be considered.
- You can use any data set(s). Check out our list of free resources if you need help finding data.
- You can submit either a worksheet, dashboard, or story.
- Check out the winning vizzes from last year: Round 1 and Round 2.
Round 1: September 18-December 5, 2017
Round 2: January 8-May 29, 2018
All submissions received between September 18 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) and December 5 at 11:59 p.m. PT will be considered for Round 1. All submissions received between January 8 at 12:01 a.m. PT and May 29 at 11:59 p.m. PT will be considered for Round 2. Winners for each round will be announced one week following the submission deadline for that round.
Be sure to check out the official rules here.