Tableau Cloud updates
With Tableau Cloud, you're always on the latest, most-advanced version of Tableau. We take care of all the updates, monitoring and infrastructure maintenance so you don't have to. But it's still important to keep informed about what’s happening. This page will help you plan for any occurrence that may affect your Tableau Cloud site. Below you'll find informational resources to make you aware of any upcoming events.
Not a Tableau Cloud administrator? Please see the following resource pages:
Tableau Cloud status
Visit the Tableau Trust site to learn more about the current status of your Tableau Cloud environment and upcoming scheduled maintenance.
New in Tableau Cloud 2023.2
Notice for Tableau Cloud subscribers (previously Tableau Online)
We roll out Tableau Cloud updates across our worldwide infrastructure for every quarterly product release over several weeks. We begin with official Cloud infrastructure upgrades and then continue to release our on-premises products (e.g. Desktop, Server) to ensure that Tableau Cloud subscribers have immediate access to our new releases.
So if you subscribe to Tableau Cloud, you may already have access to these new features on your site! To learn more about the Tableau Cloud quarterly releases, please visit the Tableau Cloud system maintenance page.
Personal access token admin control
Meet your organisational security requirements with additional control over personal access tokens (PATs) in Tableau Cloud.
Changes for all Tableau Cloud sites include:
- Site admins can now control who has the ability to create PATs
- Site admins can now control how long PATs are valid, ranging from 1 to 365 days
Changes for Tableau Cloud sites created after 23.2 include:
- PATs are disabled by default
- Default expiry of PATs shortened to 180 days
Multi-row calculations in Tableau Prep
Editable viz alt text
You can now edit automatically generated alt text. This feature allows content authors to edit the alt text from either the Data Guide panel or by selecting Accessibility in the Worksheet dropdown. Authors can add up to 2500 characters of alt text, providing deep insight into the contents of the visualisation.
Admin Insights enhancements
- The Job Performance data source now includes Tableau Bridge extract refresh job data. This enables you to better track your Tableau Bridge extract jobs and includes data on your agents, pools, run times and error messages.
- The TS Users data source now tracks your organisation's Tableau Desktop usage.
- The brand new Subscriptions data source lets you see which users have subscriptions and allows you to create a complete picture of subscription health in your deployment when combined with other Admin Insights data sources.
Known issues & release notes
Unusual behaviour or issues with Tableau Cloud may be caused by a known issue with the product or a third-party change in data delivery. These known issues are listed on the Tableau Support Known issues site.
When an issue is corrected, it will appear in the release notes for Tableau Cloud.
Many known issues and their possible workarounds are documented in the Tableau Support Knowledge Base, which also contains resolutions for common problems and suggestions for how to use Tableau Cloud.