Analytics anyone can use
Get insight fast
Tableau is 10-100x faster than existing solutions. It's designed to support how people think. Drag and drop on the canvas. Leverage your natural ability to spot visual patterns quickly. Experience an analytics solution built for speed and ease of use.
Connect to all your data
Whether it’s in a spreadsheet, a SQL database, Hadoop, or the cloud, you can connect to any data, anywhere. Access big data with a click. Combine disparate data sources without writing code. Discover what all your data has to say.
Explore and discover
How many opportunities are hiding in your data? Tableau Desktop is a product that everyone can use to ask new questions, spot trends, identify opportunities, and make data-guided decisions with confidence.
Answer deeper questions
Real analytics demands more than a pretty dashboard. Build new calculations from existing data, drag in reference lines and forecasts, and access statistical summaries. Experiment with trend analyses, regressions and correlations.
But wait! There's more.
Big data, live or in-memory
When you want to take data offline or bring it in-memory, Tableau’s Data Engine lets you extract data for ad-hoc analysis of massive data in seconds. It combines advances in database and computer graphics technology so you can analyze huge datasets on a laptop.
Share insights, securely
Communicate with data in a whole new way. Build powerful, interactive dashboards and share them securely using Tableau Server or Tableau Online. Create a culture of confident, data-guided decision-making.
Tableau's software moves as fast as you do. We invest more in R&D than anyone else in the industry. There's always a new release around the corner. Learn about what's new in Tableau 9.2.
When you can blend disparate data sources with a click, your data tells new stories. Mix and match data sources. Join tables in a simple visual canvas. Create and edit metadata as you go. Let your data sing.
Let your data take flight.
Right off the bat, it was very easy to use. We were using some other tools, and it took weeks or months. With Tableau, we were able to do it in a quarter of the time. The senior-level executives were astounded.
Answer tough questions.
One of our senior executive members asked for a very complex visualization. We wouldn't have even been able to answer the question before. It took us an hour to put together a visualization and send it back. We are now able to answer business questions in minutes versus days.
- Connect to 6 data sources, including Excel and csv files
- 1 year of updates and support included
Connect to hundreds of data sources.
- Actian Vectorwise*
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Cloudera Hadoop Hive and Impala
- Google Analytics
- Google BigQuery
- Hortonworks Hadoop Hive
- HP Vertica
- IBM DB2
- IBM Netezza*
- Microsoft Access*
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPivot*
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services*
- Microsoft SQL Server PDW
- Microsoft Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket
- Oracle Databases
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase*
- ParAccel Analytics Database*
- Pivotal Greenplum
- Progress OpenEdge*
- Salesforce.com, including Force.com and Database.com
- SAP HANA*
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse*
- SAP Sybase IQ*
- Splunk Enterprise
- Tableau Data Extract
- Teradata V2
- Teradata Aster Data nCluster
- Teradata OLAP Connector*
- Text files—comma separated value (.csv) files
- Additional databases and applications that are ODBC 3.0 compliant
- Tons of Web data with the Web Data Connector
* Available for Windows only
- Microsoft Excel
- Text files (like .csv files)
- Microsoft Access for Windows
- Azure Marketplace DataMarket
- Tableau Data Extract
- Mircosoft® Windows® XP SP3 or later
- Microsoft Server 2003 R2 or later
- OSX 10.9 or later
- VMWare | Citrix | Hyper-V | Parallels
- Tableau’s products operate in virtualized environments when they are configured with the proper underlying operating system and hardware.
- Our products are Unicode-enabled and compatible with data stored in any language. The interface and documentation are in English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.