Who should take this course?:
This course provides comprehensive Tableau training for students who thrive in fast-paced classes. If you learn concepts and acquire new technology skills quickly, Tableau Desktop I & II: Accelerated provides an opportunity for you to achieve Tableau competency in a short amount of class time. This course accommodates authoring in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Cloud and Tableau Server.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to data and edit a data source.
- Sort, filter and group data.
- Use the Tableau workspace to create a range of essential and advanced chart types for analysis.
- Combine data from multiple tables using joins, unions and relationships.
- Use extracts to improve performance.
- Create basic and more advanced calculations, including table calculations, to modify data as needed for analysis.
- Use statistical techniques to analyse data.
- Use parameters and input controls to support audience analysis.
- Build interactive dashboards to reveal data insights, using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design and visual best practices.
- Describe how to share and publish visualisations.
View the full course description in Trailhead Academy.
This course includes a course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
This course provides a certification of completion.
Continuing education credit (CPE) hours: 19.5