The Tableau Dashboard Extensions API allows developers to create extensions for Tableau. Tableau extensions are web applications that can interact and communicate with Tableau. A dashboard extension can be placed in the dashboard like any other dashboard object.
- Create an extension that has write-back functionality, so users can modify data in a viz and have that change automatically update the source data in the database or web application
- Build custom viz and interactivity types such as a filter replacement with a custom interface and network diagram
- Integrate 3rd-party functionality inside the dashboard
- Interact with data from other business applications directly in Tableau
- Customise Tableau's Desktop environment for a specific team's workflow