10 ways to make meaningful virtual connections at Tableau Conference 2022
Hi everyone! My name is Priya Padham and I am a Tableau Public Ambassador and Tableau and Alteryx Consultant at The Information Lab. I have been part of the DataFam for just over two years now and this will be my third virtual Tableau Conference.
My first TC was in 2020, after around eight months of being an active Tableau Community member. Since TC20 was completely virtual, I was able to connect with people from across the world that I would not have otherwise had the chance to meet. The virtual setting also gave me the ability to tune in to a variety of different sessions. During the Vizzies, a community-run awards show, I received the Notable Newbie award which truly made my entire year. The Notable Newbie Award is given to a newer Tableau Community member who has been making a big impact through content creation. During the awards show, I truly felt the encouragement of the Community—their support never ceases to amaze me. I am so excited for the Vizzies this year and to see both the nominees and award winners, it’s always a highlight of TC!
TC last year was also virtual, and it was my first time ever speaking at a conference. My session was about finding your voice and how the Tableau Community builds confidence. I featured video clips of community members sharing their advice and experiences. I’m so happy I had the opportunity to showcase this amazing community and encourage others to join in.
This year Tableau Conference is hybrid, meaning it will be both in-person in Las Vegas, as well as virtual for those who are not attending in-person—including me! I am looking forward to catching up with friends during Remo hangouts, joining virtual “watch parties”, tuning into Community sessions, and more. The beauty of this hybrid model is there’s no need to experience the dreaded “FOMO” - or “fear of missing out” - anymore as there will be so many ways to connect with the DataFam virtually.
If you’re attending virtually, dive into all the ways you can infuse your Tableau Conference experience with Community. Make meaningful connections, learn from experts, and most importantly, have fun!
Haven’t registered for Tableau Conference 2022 yet? Start here! Attending TC22 virtually is 100% free.
Make meaningful connections
- Sign up for TC22 Slack. Here you’ll be able to have one on one conversations with your data people, join session speaker Q&As, and find live support and resources.
- Follow #DataFam and #Data22 hashtags on Twitter to keep up with the chatter happening on social media.
- Tune into The 2022 Vizzies, a Tableau community-led awards ceremony. Nominate someone by May 6th.
Chicken or the Egg - Iron Viz Edition by Virginia (Ginny) Moench
Get involved and see what the Tableau Community is all about
- Dive into the Community Episode Directory below and add your favorite sessions to your TC schedule.
- Don’t miss Iron Viz—Tableau’s worldwide data visualization competition. In this electrifying twenty-minute battle, Iron Viz finalists CJ Mayes, Kimly Scott, and Will Sutton race to build a dynamic viz with a compelling storyline. Who will score the big prize in this ultimate data-visualization showdown?
- Get ready to follow along the competition by downloading the Iron Viz scorecard.
- Test your knowledge with this Iron Viz quiz on Tableau Public. Be sure to share your score with the DataFam on social media.
- Add the Episode to your TC22 Schedule (Note: You must be logged in to view)
- Launching May 13th: Explore the Tableau Public Viz Gallery and comment and share your favorite viz on social media.
Have Fun with your DataFam
- Get geared up in your favorite Tableau swag and snap a pic in the virtual photo booth
- Go on a shopping spree in the Tableau Store
- Join a Remo hangout. This is an opportunity to connect with data enthusiasts around the world in a casual virtual setting. Hangout times are available across all regions.
TC22 virtual photo booth gallery
Community Episode Directory
Across these 15 Community episodes, there’s truly something for everyone—whether you’re a Tableau novice, expert, a new DataFam member, or Tableau Visionary. We’ve got you covered! Dive into all the community-led sessions and add the ones that resonate with you to your schedule builder.
Analytics for Everyone
Data + Diversity: The Engine for Innovation (Broadcasted Live from Las Vegas)
Data + Women: Bridging the Gender Gap with Kyla Guru (Broadcasted Live from Las Vegas)
Tableau Speed Tips: Beginner
Tableau Speed Tips: Advanced
Con o sin chimichurri? Strike the Right with Balance Design and Cognitive Load (in Spanish)
Build Accessible Dashboards
Quick and Easy Tableau Tips from Japan's Data Heroines (in Japanese)
All Things Data
One Hundred Days of the #PreppinData Challenge
The 2022 Vizzies (Broadcasted Live from Las Vegas)
Bring the Wow Factor with Tableau Public Portfolios
Back 2 Viz Basics
DataFam + You
Data Skills Top the Charts For Success
Data. Set. Go! Jumpstart Your Data Career
TC22 is going to be jam-packed with interesting talks and panels, virtual hangouts and so much more. I’m most excited to spend time with the DataFam via virtual hangouts and to cheer on the finalists (good luck to Will Sutton, Kimly Scott, and CJ Mayes) during the Iron Viz Championships!
What are you most excited about for TC22? Connect with me on Twitter @p_padham and use the #Data22 hashtag to let me know! I look forward to connecting with other virtual TC attendees!