Best of the Tableau Web: September 2013
A highlight of tips, tricks, and inspiration for Tableau and data visualization.
Here's the list of great Tableau content I've seen on blogs during September. This was the month of our Tableau Customer Conference. It was amazing. If you weren't there - maybe we'll see you in Seattle next year?
As always you can follow me on twitter (@acotgreave) if you want to hear about these posts the moment they are published.
Customer Conference posts
- Alan Smithee Presents Tableau ""Add to Context"" Filters
- InterWorks, Inc. Create a Dual Color Axis in Tableau
- Ben Sullins | Data Geek Make beautiful charts using Google Docs and Tableau (pt.1 Automation)
- InterWorks, Inc. Statistical Insights Using Tableau
- Vizdom Use images as shapes in Tableau
- DataBlick Using Design and Emotion to Create a Data Visualization with Impact
- VizCandy 3 Ways to Play with Reference Lines
- VizWiz Visualizing 500,000 pageviews
- VizWiz Visualizing statistical significance in survey results
Tableau use cases
- 3danim8's Blog How to use #Tableau to clean your data using an iterative z-score approach
- Breaking BI Tableau vs. Power Pivot Part 1: Basic Functionality
- Impact Analytix Business Intelligence, Predictive Analytics & Excel
That should keep you going for another month. Let me know what you think and how we can improve these lists on twitter (@acotgreave).
The "Best of The Tableau Web..." posts are focussed on blog posts about Tableau. If you want amazing Tableau Public dashboards, check out Viz of the Day. For Tableau in the news, check out our newsroom.