- Tableau ResearchArjun Srinivasan 1 Diciembre, 2023Tableau Research explores techniques to make visualization dashboards more accessible to screen reader users.
- Tableau ResearchMatthew Brehmer 17 Noviembre, 2023Tableau Research demonstrates the use of gesture and speech interaction in parallel to deliver compelling augmented reality video presentations about data to remote audiences.
- Tableau ResearchVidya Setlur 13 Noviembre, 2023Tableau Research explores bridging traditional keyword-based search and the evolving user expectations of semantic, context-rich search experiences.
- Tableau ResearchVidya Setlur 26 Octubre, 2023EmphasisChecker: a tool for helping authors align charts with captions to help emphasize the same information for effective takeaways for the reader.
- Tableau ResearchDenny Bromley 25 Octubre, 2023Tableau Research presents at IEEE VIS 2023: ‘What Is the Difference Between a Mountain and a Molehill? Quantifying Semantic Labeling of Visual Features in Line Charts.'
- Tableau ResearchNicole Barbosa Sultanum 22 Octubre, 2023Research scientists from Tableau Research share early ideas on employing large language models for data story generation, and what data story professionals had to say about it.
- Tableau ResearchArjun Srinivasan 11 Enero, 2023Tableau researchers show how visualization tools can leverage analytic intent and recommendations to help users compose dashboards.
- Tableau ResearchVidya Setlur 9 Diciembre, 2022How to choose a meaningful binning approach that supports data exploration or the story you want to tell your audience.
- Future of DataMatthew Brehmer 12 Octubre, 2022Tableau Research leaders demonstrate the ability to interact with viz overlays by simply pointing at them in live webcam video.
- Tableau ResearchVidya Setlur 25 Febrero, 2019
Tableau Research is the industrial research team at Tableau and they've begun a technical note system to provide context around their research exploration. Learn about how the Research team applied two techniques to approach the complex problem of parsing dates and their various formats. One technique focused on pattern recognition while the other focused on natural language grammar rules.
- Tableau ResearchVidya Setlur 7 Febrero, 2019
Our team breaks down what natural language processing is and its impact on business intelligence.