DataFam Roundup: January 17 - 21, 2022
Welcome! Dig into the first DataFam Roundup (of 2022!!)—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
CJ Mayes: Soccer Voronoi in Tableau
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Branden Kornell: #IronViz 2022: Just Do It!
- David Murphey: How to make Tableau work properly in 4k!
- Jim Dehner: Table Calculations, when, where, and how
- Carl Allchin, Preppin Data: How to… create tiles
- Alan Murray, Latest Tableau Jobs: Tues, 18th Jan '22
- Andy Kriebel, VizWiz: How to Add a +/- Indicator to a Drill Down Action
- Michael Dunphy, VizKid Analytics: The Start of Something New
- Ken Flerlage, The Flerlage Twins: Tableau Coxcomb Chart Template
- Alana Jade, Data Unjaded: Tableau + Miro
- Andre de Vries: Intro to Connected Apps Playground
- CJ Mayes: Soccer Voronoi in Tableau
- Steffen Volkerding: Tableau Adventurer: Level of Detail | LOD
- Andrew Kim and Andrew Kim, Data Meaning: Transform Tuesday | Foodie Episode
From Team Tableau
- Iron Viz 2022 Global Qualifier: Visualizing the Arts
- Apply to join the next class of our Community Equity Task Force
- Best of the Tableau Web: December 2021
- A data viz designer shares her Tableau story
Upcoming events and community participation
- Braindates, Data Leadership Collaborative: Take advantage of the collective knowledge of like-minded peers from around the world. Connect one-on-one or in groups with fellow data leaders. Add your topic of interest or join other conversations to teach, learn, and inspire.
- Iron Viz 2022 Qualifier Event: Need a boost getting started or strategies for taking your submission to the next level? Sarah Bartlett, Iron Viz finalist and Iron Quest founder, and Lisa Trescott, 2021 Iron Viz Champion will be share their experiences and tips LIVE. Plus, we’re saving time for a Q&A. We hope to see you there! And remember, win or learn—you can’t lose.
- Get your Tableau CRM questions answered on the Forums.
- Stay up to date with the latest and greatest from the Tableau Community. We'll help you along in your Tableau journey, bring your data skills to the next level, and nurture powerful connections.
- The Feedback Loop Sign-Up Form: January 2022 This data vizzing workshop was started by Joshua Smith and is based on creative art workshops. He put it best: "The idea of the Feedback Loop, and of creative arts workshops in general, is meant to test the subjective and aesthetic elements against peers. It's meant to provide diversity of perspectives, because what works for one person may not work for another. And, what I've learned now, it can create an incredible community of people devoted to helping one another grow as artists."
- Sign up to be a panelist for the 3charts@3 Live: A Mystery Chart Show featuring topics like personal finance, energy, healthcare and more!
Arshad Ejaz: NYT Covid Spiral Chart
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
- Arshad Ejaz: NYT Covid Spiral Chart
- Anita Onyeacho: Sexual Violence Against Women
- Agata Krawczyk: The Storm in My Brain | Ending the stigma of epilepsy
- David Velleca: tabWORDLEau
Back 2 Viz Basics *NEW!
Data Plus Music *NEW!
Games Night Viz *NEW!
Build your skills with a weekly challenge to re-create an interactive data visualization.
Web: Workout Wednesday
Week 03: Can you visualise percent difference from a selected date?
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
An initiative centered around diversity, equity & awareness by visualizing provided datasets each month.
Web: Diversity in Data
November - December 2021: The countdown to Christmas and New Year!
SDG Viz Project
Sports Viz Sunday