Tableau and Google BigQuery allows people to analyse massive amounts of data and get answers fast using an easy-to-use, visual interface. Using the tools together, you can:
- Put the power of Google BigQuery into the hands of everyday users for fast, interactive analysis.
- Analyse billions of rows in seconds using visual analysis tools without writing a single line of code and with zero server-side management.
- Create stunning dashboards in minutes that connect to your Google BigQuery data and keep your organisation up to speed.
- Share reports and insights on the web using Tableau Server and Tableau Online to allow anyone to connect from any device.
- Combine the cloud agility of Google BigQuery with the blazing speed of Tableau to recognise project value faster.
Best practices and optimisations for using BigQuery and Tableau
Optimising the two technologies together will yield significant performance gains, shorten design cycles and help users and organisations become more successful. In this paper, we will discuss techniques to optimise data modelling and query formation to maximise the responsiveness of visualisations. We will also discuss techniques to get the best cost efficiency when using Tableau and BigQuery together.