Data trends that will shape 2020
We believe in the power of data. Advancements in technology are creating so many possibilities, and we see more people than ever enjoying better, widespread access to data that they’re putting to good use.
Every year, we look ahead to understand the major trends shaping the future of analytics and the way people work with data. And every year, we see interesting clues to our evolving relationship with data and its use to improve the world around us. We see organizations getting smarter in how they use technology to empower their workforces and set up collaboration between their technical experts. Cultural shifts are changing how organizations learn to use data more effectively, as they also examine how responsible they are in that use. And, we see data being used at the personal and organizational level to uncover and address inequities.
With the right mindset, tools and processes, data can permeate all aspects of business - here’s a snapshot of the six major data trends we see driving analytics impact for organizations this year:
- Data Literacy: Organizations look to academia as a data literacy incubator
- Artificial Intelligence: AI moves from abstract to actionable
- Data Storytelling: Personalized data stories go mainstream
- Data Equity: Transparency around workplace data leads to equity and organizational success
- Data Culture: Accountability for data stretches across the C-suite
- Data Management: Data integration is the catalyst for IT-business harmony
To dive in and learn more about the thinking, research, and customer stories behind each of the trends, read the full 2020 Data Trends report.
Sign up for the webinar to hear experts talk about how these trends will impact organizations in 2020 and beyond.
Subscribe to our blog
Get the latest Tableau updates in your inbox.