Tableau User Group Weekly: July 4-8, 2022
Welcome back to this week's snapshot of the latest Tableau User Group events happening around the world. Catch up on the freshest content or join an upcoming meetup, all while getting inspiration from the DataFam. Not only will you learn new tips and tricks, but you’ll see them in action too. You can nominate a user group to be featured as the next User Group Meeting of the Week here.
User Group Meeting of the Week: Data + Diversity Pride Event
The Data + Diversity event series provides a platform for community conversations surrounding the challenges and solutions to diversity in data. During the Data + Diversity June event, we celebrated the impact and data visualizations of the LGBTQ+ community, and learned how we can be better allies. This event was hosted by Tableau Equity Taskforce Member and Tableau Visionary, Chantilly Jaggernauth, who also took part in a short interview led by Tableau User Group Ambassador Brandi Beals. Then, Lawrence Durbin, a BI Analyst and DEI Advocate spoke on Tableau and the LGBTQ+ community. He covered important questions like: Are we building an inclusive culture for the LGBTQ+ community? Are we building visualizations with bias? Is our data excluding the LGBTQ+ community? And more. Brandi Beals covered some of her favorite data visualizations found on Tableau Public that celebrate the LGBTQ+ community. To close out the event, Eric Balash shared details on a Back 2 Viz Basic community challenge using Pride data and how you can join in. If you'd like to receive updates on future Data + Diversity events, sign up here. Dive in and watch the full recording here.
Attend an upcoming user group meeting and learn from peers across geographies and industries to help advance your analytics skills.
Bologna Tableau User Group (virtual)
Tuesday, July 5, 2022 | 5 - 7pm CET
This meeting is in Italian.
- Live viz build competition
UK Northwest Tableau User Group (in person)
Wednesday, July 5, 2022 | 6 - 8:30pm BST
- Implementing Tableau in a complex and highly controlled organization: Paul Curry, Development Manager Client Reports | Insight Investment
- Visual best practices: CJ Mayes, Tableau Visionary and Director of BI Enablement EMEA | JLL
- What’s new in 2022.2: Mark Bowles, Sr. Solution Engineer | Tableau
Tableau Student Vizard Challenge (virtual)
July 6 - 7, 2022 | 7pm IST
- Session 1 (July 6): Tableau Fundamentals 101
- Session 2 (July 7): Hands-on Tableau Workshop
Tableau Community Drivers User Group (virtual)
Thursday, July 7, 2022 | 4 - 5:30pm BST
- Driving Data Literacy Skills: Amy Rider, Data Enablement Manager at Jaguar Land Rover & Stuart Mack from Lloyds Banking Group
Oklahoma Tableau User Group (virtual)
Thursday, July 7, 2022 | 4 - 5pm CST
- It’s all about how they meet the dashboard: Christin Bivens, Sr. Business Intelligence Developer | OU Health
In case you missed it
Couldn't tune in live? Don't worry—review the recordings of the most recent user group meetings below.
- Fairfield Tableau User Group (TC22 Recap)
- Higher Education Tableau User Group (Measures, Dimensions, Calcs + Navigation)
- Data+Diversity: Celebrating the impact of the LGBTQ+ community
- Oklahoma Tableau User Group (TC22 Overview)
- Veterans Advocacy Tableau User Group (Tableau Story)
- Latino/a/x Tableau User Group (Navigation Menu + Dashboard Design Challenges)
- Austin + DFW + San Antonio Tableau User Group (Iron Viz 2022 Behind the Scenes)
- Community Booster Tableau User Group (Community Projects)
- Kansas City Tableau User Group (Dates, YoY + period-over-period comparison charts)
- Server Admin Tableau User Group (Visionary’s Guide to Configuring Tableau Cache)
- Tableau Newbies User Group (Tableau Calculations + Mapping)
- Nashville Tableau User Group (Spatial Functions + Successful Data Programs)