Successful dashboards require you to think like a designer. In this webinar, Andy Cotgreave will look at ideas and theories from the world of design, and show how you can apply them to your dashboards. Whether you make functional, operational dashboards, or beautiful persuasive pieces of work, this webinar will help frame your approach.
This is part of the Building dashboards that persuade, inform, and inspire webinar series.
Resources referred to in this webinar:
- The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman
- Universal Principles of Design (Lidwell, Holden, Butler)
- The Big Book of Dashboards by Andy Cotgreave, Steve Wexler, and Jeff Shaffer
The Design Principles
- Figure Ground Relationship
- This article is a good overview of the issue
- Andy Kirk describes the fine line between confusion and deception caused the Florida Gun Deaths chart.
- Form follows Function (Louis Sullivan)
- This article on Guggenheim.org is a good overview and rebuttal.
- Framing (Tversky and Kahneman)
- Wikipedia does a good job explaining the original research.
- Uniform Connectedness
- Smashing Magazine’s article on Gestalt principles describes this principle, and more.
- Flexility-Usability Tradeoff
- Hick’s Law
Link per il download dei videoMP4
Fai clic con il pulsante destro per salvare il file