NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION TIMING: This Tableau User Group Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes.") begins at 2:30 pm Pacific Time on March 11, 2015 and ends at 4:30 Pacific Time on March 11, 2015 ("Promotion Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and are physically domiciled in the United States or the District of Columbia as of date of entry. Tableau employees and immediate family members of employees are not eligible. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes by using a Twitter account to tweet the code or codes provided at the March 11, 2015 Virtual TUG event during the Promotion Period.
4. DISQUALIFYING EVENTS: Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any entry that fails to comply with the requirements referred to in Paragraph 3 above or that is otherwise deemed inappropriate or unsuitable will be disqualified.
5. RANDOM DRAWING & NOTIFICATION: During the Promotion Period the winners will be the first individual to tweet the provided code. Four codes will be tweeted and there will be four winners. The Sponsor will tweet the winners via the Tableau twitter handle @tableau. Each potential winner will be required to provide a mailing address and may also be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) and/or an IRS W-9 Form within seven (7) calendar days of notification by Sponsor. A potential winner will not be declared an official winner and the prize may be forfeited and will be awarded to another entrant who is randomly selected if (i) any prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable , (ii) any prize is returned as undeliverable, (iii) a proper mailing address is not specified, (iv) a potential winner fails to provide his or her contact information within seven (7) calendar days after notification by Sponsor or fails to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release and/or an IRS W-9 Form within the time specified above, (v) a potential winner is determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion , to be ineligible, (vi) a potential winner declines the prize, or (vii) a potential winner is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules . Sponsor shall not be responsible for any delays in awarding any prize for any reason.
6. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"). There will be four Sweepstakes prizes, each winner will receive one (1) full pass to the 2015 Tableau Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, valued at $1,200. The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Transportation and lodging to the Tableau Conference is not included. The prize is not transferable or assignable and may not be substituted or redeemed for cash either in whole or in part. No cash or other substitution may be made except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in Sponsor's sole discretion, to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value. The ARV for the Sweepstakes is US$4800.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The following terms apply to the Sweepstakes.
a. By entering the Sweepstakes, all participants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
b. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree that they have not purchased any kind of Internet service or made any expenditure whatsoever (other than on their submission of the product reviewed or story) in order to participate in and/or enter the Sweepstakes. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
c. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant and/or the Grand Prize winner based upon an email address, an entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided, but only if that person meets all other eligible criteria, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
d. By entering, the winner grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use winner's name, likeness, voice, statements, opinions and biographical information for advertising, promotion and other purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation, permission or notification, except where prohibited by law.
e. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, as its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or phone line failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor, and to award the prize based on a drawing among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
8. DISCLAIMERS & RELEASES: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants, to the maximum extent permitted by law, hereby release and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, "Released Parties"), from and against any liability, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, damages of any kind, injuries, death, property damage, costs and expenses, arising from, resulting from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, the participation in the Sweepstakes, or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected or undelivered online entries or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the winner, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Proof of sending or submission is not proof of receipt. If for any reason Sponsor is unable to accept online entries in connection with this Sweepstakes, Released Parties are not responsible, but will make a good faith effort to remedy the problem as quickly as possible.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) the participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
10. WINNERS' LIST: Names of winners will be posted at www.tableau.com/vtugcontest.
11. SPONSOR: Tableau Software, Inc., 837 North 34th Street, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98103.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant acknowledges that each Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter and agrees to release Twitter from all liability related to this Sweepstakes.