Tableau Virtual Events Code of Conduct
You’re invited to come as you are, and engage with data in a way that’s meaningful and applicable to your own personal perspective. As such, we are committed to creating events that are diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other classification protected by law.
All participants of Tableau events must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech (both verbal and written).
- Alert event organizers if you notice any behavior that is not aligned with this code of conduct by emailing email@example.com.
Unacceptable behaviors may include but are not limited to:
- Harassment and discrimination includes any verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, disability. Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and any unwelcome sexual attention.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Wearing clothing in video or photos that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon in your photos or video.
- Being intoxicated, as determined by Tableau, in any event site or function. Please drink responsibly.
- Showcasing or promoting any illegal substance in conversation, chat, photo, video, or text.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event or instructions of the event staff.
- Sharing your event login credentials with other individuals.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund and if appropriate involvement of local law enforcement. Breaches of this Code of Conduct can also result in disqualification from participating in future events.
How to report Unacceptable Behavior or Suspicious Person/Behavior. Remember to See Something, Say Something
If you experience or witness a life safety emergency, please contact your local authorities, in North America dial 911, immediately.
If you have a complaint or concern about harassment, discrimination, bullying or any other conduct that violates the Tableau Events Code of Conduct, we encourage you to contact us immediately. If you witness this happening to someone else, please report that, too. You may request that your report remain completely confidential.
Contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding Tableau Events, please contact email@example.com.
The Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Tableau and the terms are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Tableau's rights, all of which it expressly reserves.
Together, we can ensure Tableau Events are safe and welcoming experiences.