A special Best of the Tableau Web—let's talk about sets
By popular demand, we’re publishing a special edition to discuss everyone’s favorite feature: Set Actions. Dip in and enjoy!
By popular demand, we’re publishing a special edition to discuss everyone’s favorite feature: set actions. I’ve been using Tableau for 11 years and have never seen a feature give such superpowers to people. I’ve been amazed to see the new types of interactivity people have come up with. As a community, you’ve opened up whole new avenues, limited, seemingly, only by your imagination. Thank you all for such wonderful ideas.
Dip in and enjoy! Any of these will show how amazing features energise our unique community:
Enhanced interactivity and highlighting
Icons that changes to show inclusion/exclusion in filters
- Using Icons in your dashboard UI by Lindsey Poulter
- Enhanced Highlight Actions with Colour by Matt Chambers
- Enhance Highlight Actions with Duplicate Marks by Matt Chambers
- Improved Stacked Bars by Dorian Banutoiu
- Asymmetric Drill-Down by Rosaria Gauna
- Cross-highlight actions by Sean Miller
- Transparent Vizzes? Yes! Says Tristan Guiellivan
Reference lines and colors change as you click
- Dynamic Reference Bands from Matt Chambers
- Compare Top n to Other from Ryan Sleeper
- Create “relative maps” by Matt Chambers
- Benchmarking by Nick Jastrzebski
- Dynamic Viz in Tooltips by Mark Bradbourne
- Reference Line Highlighting by Corey Jones
- Changing Dimensions by Lindsey Poulter
- Dynamic Reference Lines and Colours by Lindsey Poulter
- A Bar Chart and a Pie Chart Living in Harmony by Steve Wexler
Showing and hiding data
Maths and games In Tableau?
Try them out for yourself
By now, I’m sure you’re ready to try them out for yourself. In which case, I recommend you have a go at Ann Jackson’s #WorkoutWednesday which involves this feature.
And finally, if you want to follow the conversation, there’s even a dedicated hashtag on Twitter: #SetActions. There are more ingenious ideas appearing daily.
Go and do great things with Sets!