Business intelligence norms are evolving across the retail industry, and leading retailers are prioritizing analytics initiatives as a result. While the trend toward retail analytics isn’t new, maturing technologies and techniques are.
As mobility and artificial intelligence collide with data, both the consumer and the retailer inch closer to a more accurate, real-time analytics experience. This paper highlights 2017’s newest trends in retail and consumer goods analytics, including:
- Advanced analytics is no longer just for analysts
- Mobile reporting is fully realized
- The Internet of Things starts to improve data accuracy
- Omnichannel data integration gets exciting
- Robots bring big opportunities to retail data
- Augmented and virtual reality offer more insights