TC21 Register to Win Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the judges, administrators and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all aspects.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The TC21 Register to Win Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Tableau Software, LLC (“Sponsor”) begins on September 13, 2021, at 12:00 AM and ends on October 24, 2021, at 12:00 AM (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. All times in these Official Rules are Pacific Standard Time UTC-8.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents in the 50 United States of America (including District of Columbia) (“Eligibility Area”) who are 18 years of age or older or who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry. Employees, contractors, consultants, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live), or members of the same households, whether related or not, of Sponsor, its parent, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, promotional partners, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (“Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win any prize. Employees or officials of any government entity are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in an entry being invalid and forfeiture of any prize. Companies and individuals outside of the Eligibility Area are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor determines could potentially reflect negatively on Sponsor’s image. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes is subject to applicable laws.
- TO ENTER: Register for Tableau Conference 2021 on tableau.com/events/conference. Participants will be entered into the sweepstakes each subsequent day after registering until the first of the following occurs: (a) they are selected as a winner or (b) the Entry Period ends. Entry information becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries will be disqualified if they are late, incomplete and/or in excess of the stated entry limits. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods will be void.
- PRIZE AND PRIZE VALUE: Sponsor will randomly select thirty (30) winners total to receive one of the following prizes.
- Five (5) winners will each receive 1 Tableau Tumbler (for more details please see https://www.bdasites.com/tableau/Product/1522028-Tumbler-Corkcicle_Analytics_for_Everyone?cat=DRINK#frm%3DDRINK%26p%3D1). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of this prize is $35.00.
- Five (5) winners will each receive 1 copy of The Big Book of Dashboards: Visualizing Your Data Using Real-World Business Scenarios (for more details please see https://www.bdasites.com/tableau/Product/1442456-Book_The_Big_Book_of_Dashboards_Visualizing_Your_Data_Using_Real-World_Business_Scenarios#frm%3DBOOK%26p%3D3). The ARV of this prize is $45.00.
- Five (5) winners will each receive 1 copy of How to Build Inspired Analytics Communities (for more details please see https://www.bdasites.com/tableau/Product/1522968-Book-How_to_Build_Inspired_Analytics_Communities#frm%3DBOOK%26p%3D0). The ARV of this prize is $32.00.
- Five (5) winners will each receive 1 Aquathump Speaker (for more details please see https://www.bdasites.com/tableau/Product/1515689-Speaker-Aquathump?cat=TECH#frm%3DTECH%26p%3D7). The ARV of this prize is $50.00.
- Five (5) winners will each receive 1 Classic Dad Tableau hat (for more details please see https://www.bdasites.com/tableau/Product/1519142-BDACoreIOMultilingualField?cat=NEW#frm%3DNEW%26p%3D9). The ARV of this prize is $20.00.
- Five (5) winners will each receive 1 Data Love T-shirt (for more details please see https://www.bdasites.com/tableau/Product/1519150-BDACoreIOMultilingualField?cat=SHIRT#frm%3DSHIRT%26p%3D15).
Total ARV of all prizes is $1035.00. All currency listed in these Official Rules is in USD.
- PRIZE DETAILS AND CONDITIONS: All prizes are subject to BDA, LLC terms and conditions. Any prize details not specified herein will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or refundable and cannot be substituted for cash. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen prize elements. Prizes may be reported as income to a winner and the winner will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of any prize. Winners may be required to complete required tax forms or other documents requested within the time period stipulated by Sponsor. Winners may be responsible for any costs and expenses not listed herein. Winners will receive their prizes within 30 days of the relevant prize date closing date unless notified otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel if the fairness of the Sweepstakes is compromised. Proof of identity, age and/or legal residence may be required to claim the prize. Failure to comply with any of the requirements set forth in the Official Rules may result in disqualification or forfeiture of the prize.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: Sponsor will randomly select winners from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Five (5) winners will be selected on or about the Wednesday of each week from September 22, 2021 through October 27, 2021. The potential winner(s) will be notified on or about the Thursday of that week, via email. Sponsor will not be liable for any potential prize notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact the winner, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner is unable to accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. There is a limit of one (1) prize per entrant. You need not be present to win. In order to receive a prize, the winner may be required to provide a delivery address and sign a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law).
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received during the Entry Period.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes Entities and Internet/wireless access providers are not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, misdirected or postage-due entries or mail, or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, and defect or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, and incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), wireless devices, other equipment or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or using any website. In the event of any conflict between any details contained in these Official Rules and details contained in any Sweepstakes advertising materials, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of an insufficient number of eligible entries, damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select the prize winner from among the applicable eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Screen shots or any other evidence of entry submission will not be deemed receipt of any such entry. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described herein. You are not a winner until your entry has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, if any, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- RELEASE, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorney’s fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, shareholders, successors and assigns liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the sweepstakes.
- PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY: Any information you submit as part of the Sweepstakes will be treated in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, currently located at https://tableau.com/privacy. Except where prohibited, each potential winner consents to the use of their respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or compensation, and may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference and shall not be deeded to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision thereof.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, actual or alleged claims, and causes of action at law or in equity, (“Claims”) will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Claims arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, the interpretation of the Official rules or any prize awarded will be resolved by applying the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to conflict of laws. Claims will be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in King County, Washington.
- SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To receive the name, city and state of the winner, you can send an email to email@example.com with the subject, “TC21 Register to Win Sweepstakes”. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
- SPONSOR CONTACT: Tableau Software, LLC, 1621 N. 34th Street, Seattle, Washington, 98103 USA.