Server | Publishing and Interacting with Workbooks
- Understand and interact with published workbooks using extracts and published data sources.
- Create and publish a view to Tableau Server using an extract.
- In Tableau Desktop, create a view using any data source
- Create an extract of the data source used
- Using the Admin user, publish the view to Tableau Server using the extract to the STARZ project
- Create and publish another view to Tableau Server using a published data source.
- In Tableau Desktop, connect to any data source
- Using the Admin user, publish this data source to Tableau Server
- Connect to the published data source from Tableau Desktop
- Create a view using the published data source
- Publish the view to the STARZ project on Tableau Server
- Access both of the published views via Tableau Server.
- Log in as User Bob and view the workbook. What happens?
- Log in as User John and view the workbook. What happens?
- Edit the permissions for Project STARZ.
- Configure User "Bob" with the role of Viewer
- Configure User "John" with the role of Interactor
- Repeat Step 3. What happens?
- Publishing Workbooks: http://onlinehelp.tableausoftware.com/current/pro/online/en-us/help.htm#...
- Publishing Data Sources: http://onlinehelp.tableausoftware.com/current/pro/online/en-us/help.htm#...
- Set Permissions for a Project: http://onlinehelp.tableausoftware.com/current/server/en-us/help.htm#proj...